Goodyera pubescens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics!
We highlighted this Goodyera pubescens in the Jewel Issue. Did you read about it?
I gave the issue a once-over, it's very nice. Having seen about 5000 Goodyera pubescens in the wild at this point, my eyes kind of wax over when they're mentioned :p. My friend and I did germinate both it and tesselata this year, though.

Last edited:
Is this found in your region only?
I wear I saw a lot of these same leaves while hiking in Maine.
Now I know the name! :)

What beautiful foliage. I've photographed about eighteen species of orchids here in MI but I don't think I've seen this. I assume the flowers are somewhat insignificant?

This species is common in much of the eastern US and into southern Canada. Here is BONAP’s county-level distribution map for the species. The green areas are where it is considered “present and not rare”, while the yellow areas are where it is considered “present and rare”:

http://bonap.net/MapGallery/County/Goodyera pubescens.png

If you are interested in the flora of the US, I highly recommend checking out the website of The Biota of North America Program (BONAP). It is as close to comprehensive as any source could up to this point.

BONAP Home

Last edited:
Back