Goodies!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

ElixirIce

Hey guys! Well... my other hobby is making goodies. :) Just made this today and I'm just dying to show someone! haha... they're "cake truffles"! Next time there's a slippertalk social I'm there with all the goodies you guys want!

CakeTruffles.jpg

You do have my shipping address don't you? Write "Live Orchids" on the outside of the box, and my wife will completely ignore it when it comes.

Mmmmmmm, cake truffles. :drool:

I'm diabetic so I'll sell my share for a price! Marco,Heather ,John????First comes first served! No exceptions.:rollhappy:

L I Jane said:
I'm diabetic so I'll sell my share for a price! Marco,Heather ,John????First comes first served! No exceptions.:rollhappy:

Haha! I'm diabetic too! None for us, all for you guys! Some people call them cake truffles just to sound special :) other people just call them cake balls. They're cake with a bunch of goodies mixed in and then shaped into a ball and dipped in chocolate :drool:
Maybe I should make a Christmas list :D

PHRAG said:
... Write "Live Orchids" on the outside of the box, and my wife will completely ignore it when it comes. ...

Do you realize how lucky you are? There are so many poor guys out there who are forced to keep their orchid acquisitions so clandestine that a box marked like that would result in a situation that makes a visit from the Grand Inquisitor seem like less hassle.

When a box of orchids arrives here, I have to be sure it's really my own order because I provide "safe house" services for at least 3 others who can't afford getting caught buying more orchids.

Mycorrhizae said:
Do you realize how lucky you are?

That's exactly what I thought when I read John's post!! Same deal here. I have the perfect system to have packages delivered while she is at work. And since I'm sticking to compact plants and seedlings right now, I'm doing better than I thought I would. :evil:

Mmmmmm....balls. I mean cake balls! Yeah, cake balls.

When a box of orchids arrives here, I have to be sure it's really my own order because I provide "safe house" services for at least 3 others who can't afford getting caught buying more orchids.

Oh oh... I need a safe house! How close are you to Fort Collins? j/k

- Matt

Here she comes. Quick, hide the box. Reminds me of my favorite line in my current relationship: she said to me "what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine." OW!!!

Mycorrhizae said:
Do you realize how lucky you are?

I'm lucky I don't live with my SO yet. I share a paypal account with her thats connected to her bank account. (cause im way to lazy to setup one on my own) I gave her money to keep a balance in the account for me but I try to use it sparingly. Cause id get the whole "you're buying plants again!"

After my last forced purge, we came to an agreement. I can have four shelves worth of plants, and no more. I have to haul all the equipment every time we move, by myself.

My shelves are now full. I have had to get rid of some plants I never thought I wanted to part with, but for the most part, I think it's a fair bargain.

Now, what the hell am I going to do when I find a new orchid I just have to have? :)

Latest posts

Back