Good evening!! in my best Boris Karloff voice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paphs_in_Rocks

I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to dive in and get involved. Some of you have probably met me. I am a semi-hydroponic grower in Richmond, VA with focus on paphs, a few phrags, and assortment of other oddities. I fell in love with slippers when we moved to Madison, Wisconsin when I was in eighth grade then finally started growing them myself about 15 years ago. An interesting sidelight was that for that year in Madison my father was a colleague of Motoo Kimura in the genetics department and I would dearly like to obtain some more plants from his breeding program.

Welcome. I also grow in rocks. My plants, expecially the phrags, love it.

I expect to visit your old stamping grounds this month. My Grandson is at the University there, and also, in the genetics department.

We are happpy to have you with us, and I'm sure we will benefit from your expertise......we also are great enablers. WELCOME

Welcome aboard. As a relative novice myself, I know I'll welcome your expertise. I've been growing orchids since 1990 but only started with slippers a year ago. I've tried a number of differnet things with relative success but am always eager to learn new ways to do things.

Glad you finally de-lurked. I'm so happy to see other s/h growers posting more since we need to protect eachother from the many rock 'haters' on the forum.;)

Eric, aren't you going to introduce Paphs in rocks to John Chance?:poke:[/SIZE]
Hien, right now I'm so frustrated w/ getting beat up trying to get eBay plants from John! [Did you see the flavum besseae that went for $172!!:sob:] I'm wondering if its bad eBay etiquette to bump up the price bid on a plant just to make someone who outbid me before pay more!:evil:

Hien, right now I'm so frustrated w/ getting beat up trying to get eBay plants from John! [Did you see the flavum besseae that went for $172!!:sob:] I'm wondering if its bad eBay etiquette to bump up the price bid on a plant just to make someone who outbid me before pay more!:evil:
Yeah, I entertain the besseae flavum too, but I thought it will come up very high.
Did you see the armeniacum FCC, ouch
It could be a very costly idea.
I did it once just as a prank, for fun to see how far the other bidder would go for the plant.
And.......the other bidder suddenly stops.
The moral of the story is :
I end up with the item with a very high price, that I actually not too hot about.:(:rollhappy:
So now If I see a First bidder's name that I recognize from the forum, I usually (not always) not enter the bid so he/she does not have to pay too much.

I know the seller of this plant (schtief) and I know the original man who got the FCC. He's a judge at my local OS. Several people have bought divisions of this plant that are in my area. And I don't think they've paid near what this is going for on ebay.

I know the seller of this plant (schtief) and I know the original man who got the FCC. He's a judge at my local OS. Several people have bought divisions of this plant that are in my area. And I don't think they've paid near what this is going for on ebay.

You are right, I vaguely remember FCC armeniacums (maybe it is or not this one) listed a few times before, I don't think they get over 200.00.

Latest posts

Back