Good evening!! in my best Boris Karloff voice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right, I vaguely remember FCC armeniacums (maybe it is or not this one) listed a few times before, I don't think they get over 200.00.

It's all about supply and demand. The top bidder really wants it bad and doesn't want to wait around for another division to be listed. Ditto for the people bidding up the price. And for this price, I guarantee another division will be listed.;)

Did anyone see that division of philippinense 'Alford'? It went for something upwards of 350 dollars. Ebay makes me sad.
These awarded paph divisions are really not off the mark. Have you checked out other paph growers special division pages? It's not uncommon for growers to want several thousand dollars for one of their stud/awarded plants. I wouldn't have paid that much, but I'm not in the market for an awarded phillipenense. But, those who are looking for breeding would probably say they got a bargain.

I got my AOS magazine and Santa Barbara Orchid Estate is having a silent auction with many paphs included. Check out the starting bid prices. http://sborchid.com/auction2007.php Talk about wanting to cry!

It's all about supply and demand. The top bidder really wants it bad and doesn't want to wait around for another division to be listed. Ditto for the people bidding up the price. And for this price, I guarantee another division will be listed.;)
I got my AOS magazine and Santa Barbara Orchid Estate is having a silent auction with many paphs included. Check out the starting bid prices. http://sborchid.com/auction2007.php Talk about wanting to cry!

Knowing how green my thumb is, I bought (3) blooming size armeniacums at the GNYOS for 20.00 a piece instead(Could at least have 20 plants for that amount 400.00, there is a chance that 1 will survive out of 20:rollhappy::rollhappy:)

Why such a high price for that SB auction? some do not even have clone name (what is so special about any no clone name hybrid or species) to deserve a big number?

Why such a high price for that SB auction? some do not even have clone name (what is so special about any no clone name hybrid or species) to deserve a big number?

Good question!

In reply to Ron-NY with regard to Motoo Kimura. After returning to Japan, Dr. Kimura took up breeding complex Paphs as a hobby and became one of the foremost Paphiopedilum breeders in Japan focusing on complex Paphs. Many fo his hybrid names have "Tree" in them and a few are named for geneticists that he worked with like Sewall Wright and James Crow. Barry Fraser of Papa Aroha in New Zealand used many of Dr. Kimura's plants in his breeding program. Pit River Rise is one of my best plants and is Kimura's Present x Sunline. I believe Kimura's Present was a cross of Dr, Kimura's that was not registered until after his death and named in his honor. It has proved to be a very good parent if you like complex Paphs.

Someone who knows How the Grinch Stole Christmas! That is a favorite of mine. Just wanted to say hi. Hope you don't mind the deviation of conversation.

I have just recently gotten into paphs. I had a tuxedo junction, but it died for whatever reason. I now have a green and white paph that is I think an un-named cross and a phrag called Sorcerrer's apprentice. I love them both.

Bluefirepegasus

Two conversations like at the fish market :D :crazy: :D

Would you happen to be the person who had this Wossner Vollmond at the Richmond OS show in Feb 07?

I didn't get any more pics, but they were some happy-looking plants. :clap:

Latest posts

Back