Gongora species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
There was no Id on this plant when I got it other than it was a Gongora species jungle collected. It looks like G. galiottiana on Jay's site. I've been waiting 5 years for this thing to bloom.

That bloom looks awesome! One of these days, when I have more hanging space, I'm going to start growing Gongora, Stanhopea, and Coryanthes :) They're all such awesome blooms, and with such great fragrance, usually....

How does yours smell? I love the color and spots on this one.

- Matt

That bloom looks awesome! One of these days, when I have more hanging space, I'm going to start growing Gongora, Stanhopea, and Coryanthes :) They're all such awesome blooms, and with such great fragrance, usually....

How does yours smell? I love the color and spots on this one.

- Matt

This one smells very nice. Kind of difficult to describe but basically "floral". There are no rancid/musky undertones to this one that I've noticed in a few other species

I just bought a couple gongoras a couple months...I sure like color of yours

Hey Lowel
There are a lot of really pretty Gongoras out there. I only have two, and I have a hard time blooming them. I have a friend in the society with about a dozen, and one is almost always in bloom.

Latest posts

Back