Gongora grossa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcb

Reaction score
I've had this plant for a while now, it's been divided a few times, but I haven't done so recently, and it hasn't been repotted in a couple years either.

I'm pretty proud of this one. Picture quality isn't real good, but I think you can see well enough. It started blooming back in mid February, is reaching the peak blooming, although there are still more spikes just starting. Overall, when it's done it will have had about 50 - 60 spikes. I know I counted 36 spikes a month ago, and I'm sure another 20 have started since then.

Renee

Thanks guys.

Rick - it has a distinctive, very strong scent, but I don't find it pleasant. It reminds me of a high school chemical lab. But you can smell it all around the whole backyard.

That's an awesome specimen. What medium are you using for it? And where did you get that interesting basket....never seen one like that?

Thanks guys.

Rick - it has a distinctive, very strong scent, but I don't find it pleasant. It reminds me of a high school chemical lab. But you can smell it all around the whole backyard.

Or maybe some old mans antiseptic aftershave?

Gongoras, Stanophea and Coryanthese are all trying to attract euglosine bees of different kinds.

I only have three Gongoras. One smells pretty nice but still has an antiseptic tinge to it. The others are more like arm pit with deodorant trying to cover up.

The Cory I have is a pleasent smell, but the antiseptic overlay is so strong it almost hurts.:evil:

Migrant - this is one of the few plants I have left in CHC. My other Gongoras are in clay chips, and this will be repotted into that as well, once it is done blooming.

The basket :eek: umm its a CD case. They were on sale for a dollar so I figured I would see if they worked. It's been probably 4 years.

Rick - I have one Gongora, cassidea that smells lovely, just like honey.

Renee

Wow! Great showing!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Back