gonewild exposed

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Lance. Great story and welcome to the forum!

gonewild said:
No that is not a dumb question, I am the dumb one for not getting up north and doing that. But I have this nagging need to go photograph besseae and kovachii soon. I kept putting off a lot of photography and then when I became ill we had to leave without doing it. We did find several plants I suspected of being phrags but I did not find any signs of flowers and they were growing where I thought phrags should not grow, it would be very far south for besseae. That does not mean it was not though as the area is not well explored for such a trivial thing as a new phrag specie. We did find caudatum, pearcei, and a pouchless specie in bloom. I'll post a little about this sometime.

You've piqued my curiosity! Did you find Phrag lindenii or some other odd pouchless Phrag?

--Stephen

Hi Lance. I'm new to this forum and just read your post. A very awesome and interesting story. Hope you are well now. You remind me of Michael Harner (The Way of the Shaman) for some reason. I do know exactly what you are talking about in regards to communicating with the plant realm. I have been a gardener since a young girl and have developed the 'sense' so to speak. This must be why the sick ones jump right into my hands, subtly saying help me. Time to return to your web site to check out your pictures. Very beautifully breathtaking work.
Barbara.

OrchidNorth said:
Hi Lance. I'm new to this forum and just read your post. A very awesome and interesting story. Hope you are well now. You remind me of Michael Harner (The Way of the Shaman) for some reason. I do know exactly what you are talking about in regards to communicating with the plant realm. I have been a gardener since a young girl and have developed the 'sense' so to speak. This must be why the sick ones jump right into my hands, subtly saying help me. Time to return to your web site to check out your pictures. Very beautifully breathtaking work.
Barbara.

Thanks Barbara for the compliments.

Yes, once you learn to hear the plants they will drive you crazy. They talk all the time and run around at night causing mischief too! The fact the plants know you are a healer is a good signal for you to remember your ability applies to all life. If you have not already read them, you should read the books written by John Perkins.

Yes, I am well now. Being able to "Shape Shift" has made me well. I'm not as well as I once was, but I'm well with whom I am this time.
(No I'm not nuts! "Shape Shifting is one of John Perkins books :wink: )

Enjoy the photos on our website and I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

Jon in SW Ohio said:
After checking your website out a few times, I've decided I NEED a pair of Moema quiii!

Great site!

Jon

Thanks Jon,
The Moema quiii is a fantastic fish. The male is like having an 8 inch long betta, except they like to eat little tetras! The fish are getting hard to come by now in the wild due to the influx of immigrants using barbasco in the forest pools. I'm not sure if there is anyone in the USA breeding the Moema successfully yet. You might check with the AKA and ask them. We probably have only exported about 100 pairs into North America. Collecting season is Jan-March, check with me about that time and I'll let you know if anyone imports any this season.

I hope you like the site as much as I do-welcome, great intro-could you rewrite mine? I anticipate browsing your site soon

HI Lance, I must again thank you for the hybrids I was able to obtain from your Orchids Gonewild webstore. I just want to retire somewhere that my measly retirement dollars will go further than NYC! I am looking at the coastline in DR or Panama or Nicaragua [surfing] , etc. or in the mountains of Ecuador or Peru. Dennis Dallesandro has given me a few names but without visiting I dont really feel you can get a good lead on real estate, atmosphere, etc. I speak spanish pretty well so living in a spanish speaking area wont cause too much problem. Also my girlfriend is German and if I can convince her it would be good [Germans travel everywhere.]

NYEric said:
HI Lance, I must again thank you for the hybrids I was able to obtain from your Orchids Gonewild webstore. I just want to retire somewhere that my measly retirement dollars will go further than NYC! I am looking at the coastline in DR or Panama or Nicaragua [surfing] , etc. or in the mountains of Ecuador or Peru. Dennis Dallesandro has given me a few names but without visiting I dont really feel you can get a good lead on real estate, atmosphere, etc. I speak spanish pretty well so living in a spanish speaking area wont cause too much problem. Also my girlfriend is German and if I can convince her it would be good [Germans travel everywhere.]

Eric,

Glad you like the seedlings.

You certainly can stretch your dollars by living in Latin America. You are dead on about not making a permanent decision without visiting first. If you are serious about moving to a Central or South American country you should test drive the places that interest you. It is very easy to just stay anywhere you like as you will most likely be able to afford the rent. Then you can be an illegal alien!

Pick your favorite spot and move there. DO NOT buy real estate until you have lived there long enough to find out what it is really like. You can rent a real nice house for very little money. Do not move all you possessions down until you are sure you like it. If after awhile you like and area live there for another year paying rent. By that time you will know the local people and whether you fit in or not. Then buy a house or land if you want. But renting gives you a quick escape if you ever want it.

Since you have a lot of choices why not spend the first part of retirement testing out all the places? Of course that makes it tough to have an orchid collection. If you want to live where you can find and collect orchids, Peru is the place. I can point you to a mountain town that would be a great place to live if you want to spend your days hiking the country seeking new plants. I'm sure everyday you would find new species and I'm sure there is a new Phrag species hiding there. The downside is the area is not a luxury resort! But it would be a lovely place to live for awhile. In fact we may live there one day, all those plants keep calling to me.

Tell your girlfriend there are a lot of Germans living in Peru. If you speak any Spanish you can get by fine, Peruvian People are pretty friendly. A lot of people that live in the mountains don't even speak Spanish so you might find yourself learning Quechua.

The mountains of Peru are not close to surfing though! How about whitewater kayaking instead?

I'll be happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Thanx for the info. The problem is that I'm looking to but before all the gringo's drive the prices up [look at the prices in the Baja region]. I'm going to try next year to take a little time from the tournament travel to go to South and Central America. At least w/ my new job I get 3 weeks vacation.

Back