Godefroyae album First Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After repotting from its 10,346 km travel back in February, this godefroyae album decided to bud. Two months later it’s opening first time to look at the new world. It’s about the third day now. Maybe he will grow a little larger in the coming few days. Will take better pics then. The staminode has greenish veining. From Popow.

Behind him is ‘Snowball’ aka niveum album, peeking round the corner to see what the fuss is about lol. Also a first timer.

BA3237C8-94ED-4A85-BD4C-AA54C53A344A.jpeg 1D028972-4EAD-4CD5-B886-3195830E1BBF.jpeg

Hehe thanks.... that’s why I have to collect them all! It’s unfortunate that some are so rare and unavailable ... or extinct.
Eg. Vietnamense album and volonteanum fma. sandowieii.There were few viet. album here in Eu few years ago but most of them turned to Ho Chi Minh album.

Last edited:
Leslie, that's a very pretty flower. Congrats. Furthermore you are one of the few people who name it correctly P. godefroyae album instead of P. leucochilum album. Mine is also from Popw but I bought it many years ago and its veining on the staminode is yellow. I think I showed a photo here last year.

Latest posts

Back