GNYOS - who's going?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx for posting the link, Marco. It's kind of interesting the nice young lady who started this thread backed out and now says she can't make it. Hmmmm..

Hi,

Is the show going to be in the same venue as usual, under a tent over the ice skating rink? If so, putting that tent up in this rainy, windy weather will be a show in itself.
Marley

NYEric said:
Then where?

Dennis told me the same thing, that they were changing things around this year. But i wasn't really listening so i forget what he said the changes were.

I heard that it is still suppose to be in the tent but the tent won't be over the skating rink but put up on the street level.

I am stil going but was just hit with a much larger than expected tax bill which puts me on an austerity budget.:(

You are correct about the tent not being over the ice rink Ron. The tents are next to the rink. :D

I have my camera packed with extra batteries. Attending a private party at Carmine's on Friday night. Did the same last year and last year I was seated next to Andy Phillips (orchids on a stick, Andy)Great conversation on species. I believe we have reservations for Korean Barbecue for Sat night. Do you think I am food conscious?? :rollhappy:

Hello, went to the GNYOS Show today. Clerked at the ribbon judging and carried plants back and forth [miles] for AOS judging. My photos wont be the best because my camera seemed to have a mind of it's own while focusing. Someone said that's a sign the batteries are low. I was on the team [#10/15] that judged Complex Paphs and actually had some input on the choice for Best Cyp grown in Home plaque. For AOS judging there weren't many slippers, but I think a Cyp. regineae and a Paph delenatii alba, out of the 10-12 plants, got awarded. I bought a besseae flavum, a besseae hybrid, 4 jewel orchids, 3 Epi-catts [including a blood red and a white one], 15 Pleuros, Lepanthes, and Masdies. Piping Rock showed 2 Phrag. Haley Deckers and the Pk x Cape Sunset and has more Pk hybrids in the pipeline; there was another display w/ 5-6 diff. large Cypripediums; Andy's Orchids got some nice awards, all in all it was a good time. I'm giving tours in the afternoon then having dinner w/ Dennis Dalessendro tomorrow night. I saw a mini-multi-floral Paph glandiferum that I think I'll get tomorrow. I will post the best photos tomorrow AM. E.

Sorry no camera. Maria was supposed to bring hers but she forgot. Eric, I was looking at name tags all over the place and I couldn't find you. The show was awesome. I finally got to see paphs in bloom in person!

Marco said:
Sorry no camera. Maria was supposed to bring hers but she forgot. Eric, I was looking at name tags all over the place and I couldn't find you. The show was awesome. I finally got to see paphs in bloom in person!
I've posted some pictures of the show, more tomorrow. I was so busy running plants to and form the judges [especially the 20+ Lbs Cyps.] that one of the show coordinators personally thanked me for my work. I had the Blue Jeans w/ the Dragons hand painted on.

aquacorps said:
Eric, what award did the Paph delenatii alba get? thanks Rusty
Sorry, the plant fell short w/ 74 points, I wasn't around to hear why. In the Family Cyp. thread there are pictures of the Phrag Kelly Nash that got an AM AOS. I have lots o' photos, so I'll also post non-slipper, Ikebana/Display threads. E.

NYEric said:
Sorry, the plant fell short w/ 74 points, I wasn't around to hear why. In the Family Cyp. thread there are pictures of the Phrag Kelly Nash that got an AM AOS. I have lots o' photos, so I'll also post non-slipper, Ikebana/Display threads. E.

From what i hear the plants got an HCC. I am not there of course but it is my plant. I will be there on sat however. I think the plant was over three weeks in bloom and the dorsal started to tilt and the flower got translucent. Again I am not there however just going by what people have told me.

Latest posts

Back