GNYOS - who's going?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll definitely be there....can't say for sure exactly when...right now my goal is to go there on Thursday....I get out of work at 3:30.....figure it will take me about 40 minutes more or less to get there by subway....I don't want to wait until Saturday, because its more crowded then, and I don't want Dennis D'allesandro to sell out before I get to him.....Take care, Eric

Hi,

So what does Dennis sell that you buy? He is a member of our society and gave a talk 2 months ago. Our Spring Show is this coming weekend and I am a co-chair(really starting to sweat now).

Dennis always has a small, but interesting, selection of paphs at very good prices. Most years, he has some interesting delanatii selections..like v. dunkelii (the "vinicolor" form), and one year he had a strain bred in Germany for stronger fragrance....various alba forms...he's never disappointing. Take care, Eric

I will be there all day on Sat and Sunday. I will be shopping and helping out at Piping Rock booth. An advantage of working is I get a vendor tag and I can get into the show before it opens for the day. Wish I could get there at the beginning of the show for selection but will have to settle for end of the show bargains.
Heather are you going to make it to the show??

I can do this!!!! It would be more around the 20 - 22 dates, as I have tickets to see Judy Collins in Bay Shore, LI on the 29th.

I would stay with my sister on LI, and go into NYC via the LIRR. (fun) My NYC subway expertise is limited, despite being a NY native. I'd probably walk from Penn Station to Rockerfeller Center.

At this point, plans are very vague. Heather, maybe we can work something out. I'm flexible.

PM me.

Eric Muehlbauer said:
Dennis always has a small, but interesting, selection of paphs at very good prices. Most years, he has some interesting delanatii selections..like v. dunkelii (the "vinicolor" form), and one year he had a strain bred in Germany for stronger fragrance....various alba forms...he's never disappointing. Take care, Eric
I had a chance to get the German one and the price scared me away to a Phrag dalessandroi, next time..
Oh, I'll be volunteering there all day Thurs.

I'll be there on Wednesday before they open. I'll have a few vendors set a few things aside for me. Then I'll take in the show when it opens at noon and then hit the sales area again.

Then on Sat. I'm in charge of the bus trip for one of my orchid societies. I should be their from 10 untill maybe 2:20 or so.

Heather, it will be CRAZY there on Sunday. I'd avoid Sunday if possible. All the crazy people who don't even know what an orchid is are fighting to get plants at a discount not matter what it is. I thought I like to try Sundays and did twice as one of our Orchid Society's had a display to take down. Never, again and I mean never !!!!!!!!

i was hoping to go, but i don't think i will this year. have a trip planned, but i might be able to go the first day.

Latest posts

Back