Global Virtual Orchid Show April 4, 2020

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, many of you, like me, have experienced the letdown of a local orchid show or expo being cancelled due to the restrictions currently in place to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Earlier this afternoon on YouTube, I suggested a virtual orchid show as an attempt to counter that disappointment.

The idea is that on Saturday, April 4, orchid growers around the world will upload photos/videos of their plants in bloom with the hashtag #gvos2020 in an effort to spread the love of our beautiful flowers and brighten each others' day. It will be across multiple platforms—YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, other social media sites, and it would be great to have it here as well. As of yet, it is just a showcase, with no judging or prizes, but I am talking with a couple of AOS judges to see if they would be willing to pick some of their favorites from that day in various categories. We may be able to organize an optional competition as part of the event for those interested.

Just curious if anyone here on Slippertalk thinks that this would be a good idea, and if they would like to help spread the word or participate; if so, maybe we could start a thread that day for people to share their photos/videos. Thank you, orchid friends!

William Green, My Green Pets

Love that idea!
I have a personal maximum of Paphs in bloom at the moment but nobody can come and watch...

Awesome guys. 4/4/2020 is the date. And since it's virtual, you can post photos of plants that aren't necessarily in bloom at the moment. It'll be cool to see photos from plants that bloom throughout the year, something you couldn't see at a 'real' show.

Great!!! I would love to see all your Chids.

I dont have much since my plants are still recovering from our move last Sept.

Let us know how to do this, have not done this before.
Thanks

Twitter is jumping too. Lots of great pictures up there. This was a great idea.

Latest posts

Back