glaucophylum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Gary, I have two plants and neither are willing to clump. What is your secret and don't tell me genetics!

LOL! The lowest spike has bloomed at least 9 times. Great growing. Thanks for sharing .

Yes, it has been in bloom continuously for the last two years. But this is the first time there are three simultaneous spikes and a fourth emerging.
Of all my glaucous, this is my favorite, even though I kind of ignore it in the back corner of the greenhouse. When a plant is continuously in bloom for years at a time, it kind of becomes part of the background and you sort of ignore it....:eek:

So what you are saying Gary is, the plant hasn't been re-potted in a number of years. Maybe that is the secret to clumping this species and its cousins.

I repot about every second year. This plant is due for a repot soon. I have found these to grow best when the pot is hung off the bench edge so that the crown is at an angle. That way the water does not sit in the crown. Lots and lots of water and I guess that is the only difference from my other plants.

Latest posts

Back