giant P. sanderianum on ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen one with growths as densly packed as that one, but I got a seedling in 2001 and just this last year it started 4 new growths at the same time. So with that kind of momentum it might look like that in 7 more years?!?

Most of the sanderianums Ive seen have bigger floppier leaves, but there are documented wide and narrow leafed (or long and short) leaved varieties.

I don't know what to think??

I don't have $4000 anyway.

I'm with Rick, that the sanderianums I've seen had floppier, larger leaves. What would put me off is for that kind of $ there should be an actual picture of the flower posted, not a "representative" photo. If I lived in Miami, though, I'd be happy to gamble with someone else's money!!:evil:

It could be a sanderianum but what I am wondering is why he didn't show a pic of his plant in bloom (the flower pic, obviously is not the same plant he is selling). I am quite sure if I had a sanderianum blooming on multi spikes, I would have a pic of it.

could be sanderianum. In the Florida weather multiflorals grow like crazy. Who knows though. I agree for that price I would want to see the flower. Who wants 5 spikes of a crappy sanderianum? I don't even like sanderianums to begin with lol. It it were cheaper it might make a nice decoration in the greenhouse.

Yeah, that wasn't your question though.

it is implied multiple times in the statement.

I still have no real desire to have a crappy sanderianum. They can be hideous. Who knows if this one is crappy or not but for 4k you could buy an outstanding multifloral hybrid or a very good roth. If it were cheaper it might make a nice hanging plant in the greenhouse. Then again if this bloom is even good this price is not unreasonable.

If it is sanderianum is it worth the price? The ad says if you have questions contact him I'm sure you can ask for a picture of the blooms. Personally, long petal multiflorals really aren't my thing. Now if it was a nice besseae hybrid...

That is no suprise. There was a Paph. stonii album division that was sold for $5,000 at the show. Cash!!!!!!:crazy:

Ramon:)

Latest posts

Back