giant P. sanderianum on ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This plant is def not sanderianum.It has 12 spikes. I will post pics later. Hasn't opened yet but looks like a philip. Any advice on how to not let this person get away with this fraud?

I am so sorry paphipland. I know that you spent so much money on this plant! I would be so mad! When I saw the plant. It doesn't look at all like sanderianum. Then when you offered him the price and he accepted. I knew right away that it was way too low for a sanderianum with that many growth. Only a few people in this country would have sanderianum that big and I don't think they will be selling it for that price or even selling the plant at all. I am sorry. I hope you can get your money back. Goodluck!

I am so sorry paphipland. I know that you spent so much money on this plant! I would be so mad! When I saw the plant. It doesn't look at all like sanderianum. Then when you offered him the price and he accepted. I knew right away that it was way too low for a sanderianum with that many growth. Only a few people in this country would have sanderianum that big and I don't think they will be selling it for that price or even selling the plant at all. I am sorry. I hope you can get your money back. Goodluck!

I thought someone with the name sakuraba101 bought the plant for 1,000 dollar? and it has 5 spikes?
How does it end up land on Paphioland's lap? and 12 spikes?
My suggestion is cut it up into divisions after you see the flower, 50 bucks a piece as unknown sanderianum hybrids. you have all the money back.

12 spikes is impressive, no matter what it is. Hopefully you'll be able to concretely i.d. it and if you don't like it sell off divisions like Hein suggested. If you can i.d. it, I bet it stands a good chance of a cultural award if the spikes are all open at the same time.

Or take him to Judge Judy. I would be sure to Tivo that one.

This plant is def not sanderianum.It has 12 spikes. I will post pics later. Hasn't opened yet but looks like a philip. Any advice on how to not let this person get away with this fraud?

You went into this transaction fully knowing that it was doubtful that this plant was a P. sanderianum.

You went into this transaction fully knowing that it was doubtful that this plant was a P. sanderianum.

true but in the pic there is no way to say that it is not a sanderianum by the leaves. Just the vigor makes it unlikely. Actually ebay is being very helpful. The seller has the responsibility to accurately advertise the item. This seller stated with certainty both over the phone and by email that this was a sanderianum and was insulted that I would question them since they have seen it bloom many time.

true but in the pic there is no way to say that it is not a sanderianum by the leaves. Just the vigor makes it unlikely. Actually ebay is being very helpful. The seller has the responsibility to accurately advertise the item. This seller stated with certainty both over the phone and by email that this was a sanderianum and was insulted that I would question them since they have seen it bloom many time.
If you have not seen the flower yet, and the seller is so certain, as you stated that you can not tell by the leaves, then maybe it is still sanderianum. Perhaps a very healthy sanderianum strain.

Do you still have the phone number? Maybe that could help locate them, but then again, they are required to post correctly. What are the legal ramifications if they don't.

Sorry to hear about the possible fake, I look forward to seeing the flowers though! All of the photos you post are some super stuff.

Latest posts

Back