Getting ready for Laura tropical storm impact in Havana!!!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperPaph

Reaction score
Today the day has born with a beautiful blue sky in the old town. Incredible, but in few hours the weather will worsen, and all blue will become in gray.
Early have begun to evacuate my Paphs plants, which are outside in the back yard, and will take up a space in the living room.

Attachments

• 20200823_080251.jpg
    20200823_080251.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 13
It is sad, but soon this beautiful mastic tree will lose all leaves!!!

As far as I know hurrican LAURA will affect the whole island of Cuba and I hope and wish that it won't cause too much damage on it, especially won't injure people or take lives. Good luck !

Last edited:
As far as I know hurrican LAURA will affect the whole island of Cuba and I hope and wish that it won't cause too much damage on it, especially won't injure people or take lifes. Good luck !
Thank you, will take all precautions!!!

Thank you friends, it is very pleasant to read your comments. The last news show a tropical storm with two centers, affecting Havana tomorrow near 14:00 hours.

Two centers? Do these storms ever split, one becoming two? I’m located about 80 miles inland from the Texas area of gulf coast. Harvey was the last one to visit us!
take care!!!hunker down and be safe!

Friends, after two days without Internet because the lack of electricity I can write to you about the Tropical Storm. It had too much strong wind and rain. We were without electricity almost two days. Mosquitoes were big enemies during the midnight. Paph have back to their "Paphiolarium" in the back yard already. Nothing to deplore for. Thank you for been in touch.

Good to hear, that both you (and the plants) are okay! They mentioned the storm/hurricane(s) quite often in our news coverage, even though it was so far away - and every time I sent a thought to our orchid-friend in Havana! :)
Rather devastating to see what happened to Louisiana in the US! Were the damages in Cuba on the same scale, or did you escape a bit more unscathed?

Kind regards, Jens

Good to hear, that both you (and the plants) are okay! They mentioned the storm/hurricane(s) quite often in our news coverage, even though it was so far away - and every time I sent a thought to our orchid-friend in Havana! :)
Rather devastating to see what happened to Louisiana in the US! Were the damages in Cuba on the same scale, or did you escape a bit more unscathed?

Kind regards, Jens
Jens, in Havana it didn´t caused too much damage, as it entered as a Tropical Storm, different to Luisiana, where it entered as a strong hurricane. Just1more lives near Luisiana, would like to know about the situation there, though news are not the more gratifying. Thank you for being in touch!!!

Two centers? Do these storms ever split, one becoming two? I’m located about 80 miles inland from the Texas area of gulf coast. Harvey was the last one to visit us!
take care!!!hunker down and be safe!
Would like to know please about your situation having so near Laura´s impact in Luisiana!!!

Laura did not impact our weather at all! Texas is a large state!!! We share a border with Louisiana, but that is a distance of anout 300 Miles from where I’m located here in South central Texas. Texas is west of Louisiana. Hurricanes traditionally carry more rain,wind and destruction on the lands east of the center of the storm.

Latest posts

Back