Geeks unite!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not into Star Trek or Star Wars, but I seem to have a thing for samurai films. This week, I watched the first 5 of the Kozure Okami films (Lone Wolf and Cub)... and I'm convinced that Seven Samurai is among the 5 best films ever made.

- Matt

PHRAG said:
Cloaked like a Bird of Prey. You probably think Star Trek beats Star Wars too?

:)

Remember you had to lure me out of cloaking to get me to start posting. ;)

I have not seen any force that is stronger than the unseen and unused force of Q. He sure kept Picard in a bad mood with his games. After all he and his council were Gods over all worlds. But I'm not sure they would get involved? :confused:

Ok, who has the worm hole that we will use to get all these folks together to rumble? If i remember correctly, Star Wars is from a galaxy a long time ago, and far, far, away; and Star Trek stardates are always several hundred years in the future; and Apes is after that, after we've wrecked the whole thing. Aren't all of the Superheroes contemporary? This is a mess. Somebody sort this out so we can get on with it and figure it out. Obviously sleep deprived.

Yeah, there is a whole mess of timetraveling that would have to happen.

I dig Samurai films too, but I have only read the Lone Wolf and Cub comic series. It rocks.

didnt capt kirk run into a planet of samuri in one of the old shows??

bwester said:
didnt capt kirk run into a planet of samuri in one of the old shows??

If by planet of samurai, you mean planet of half-naked, green-skinned easy women, then yes, Kirk landed on a planet of samurai.

Yes. I'll agree that Twilight Zone may possibly be the greatest of TV Sci-Fi, but then again, its some of the greatest TV period..................but lets not forget the Outer Limits, especially the first season (they only had two....).....there is nothing wrong with your TV......................................Take care, Eric

I know very little about comic books, but I just read in Harper's Weekly Review that Capt. America was killed, and by a sniper’s bullets no less! I guess he just fell to the bottom of this toughest-fighter list.

Also, I do not know much about Star Wars or Star Trek, but I do know that a crack team of ninjas, led by Chuck Norris, aboard a space ship pieced together from oil drums, paperclips, and duct tape (by McGuyver, of course) would give them all a run for their money.

Or something like that...:rollhappy:

Per said:
Also, I do not know much about Star Wars or Star Trek, but I do know that a crack team of ninjas, led by Chuck Norris, aboard a space ship pieced together from oil drums, paperclips, and duct tape (by McGuyver, of course) would give them all a run for their money.

This may be the most intelligent thing written on the board this week. :)

I used to have a Chuck Norris action figure. I kid you not. Back in the 80's, at the peak of his popularity, there was a short-lived cartoon series starring him. The action figures from that show were sold at Wal-mart, and I owned one of them. Does it get much more lame than that?

Latest posts

Back