Geeks unite!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And snakes!

Geek
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A geek is an individual who is fascinated by knowledge and imagination, usually electronic or virtual in nature. Geek may not always have the same meaning as the term nerd. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the word geek as "1: a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake 2: a person often of an intellectual bent who is disliked 3: an enthusiast or expert especially in a technological field or activity," though these are only three of many definitions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geek

Perhaps we are splitting hairs tho...

bwester said:
interesting Tadd. I believe the enterprise would so destroy anything the empire could throw at it. However, if we're talking hand to hand combat, the jedi would come out on top.

ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME???

Imagine a squadron of TIE fighters targeting the bridge of the Enterprise. Meanwhile, Data and Wharf board a shuttlecraft to retaliate. A shuttlecraft.

Even if the saucer seperated, the victory still goes Star Wars.

Heather is a nerd, I prefer creative philosopher who is currently not getting laid.

Heather said:
Actually, Eric is right. I think the correct term is nerd.

From Wikipedia...

The definition most common among geeks themselves is: "one who is primarily motivated by passion," indicating somebody whose reasoning and decision making is always first and foremost based on his personal passions rather than things like financial reward or social acceptance. Geeks do not see the typical "geeky" interests as interesting, but as objects of passionate devotion.

Hence the common monikers "comic book geek," "sci-fi geek," and "orchid geek." Ok, I made that last one up.

It's been commonly held that geeks are just overly passionate fans of something and nerds are intellectual. Both are likely socially awkward. Like Blake. :evil:

As with anything, there can be some crossover.

Heather said:
Enterprise you can beam yourself off of. I'm with Blake on this one. :)

If Han Solo and his blaster can't kill vader, and Luke and his blaster can't kill Vader, what makes you think a phaser is going to?

Jean Luc would crumple like a sack of potatoes after his windpipe is crushed, and Wharf would last about four seconds in hand to hand combat with a lightsaber.

I'm socially awkward because I'm an ******* and hate stupid people.

jean luc is a wuss, lets not bring next gen into this. capt kirk and his gang would kick vaders ass in a minute

In a firefight between Storm Troopers, and Blue-Shirted Ensigns, always bet on those with armor.

umm, spocks mind power is above the force. takei is funny, saw him on will and grace

Ensigns never make it off the planet alive! "Oh look, a rock with teeth. I think I will stand here and scream while it devours me."

If by crafty, you mean creature-fodder, I agree.

Latest posts

Back