Geeks unite!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

I am a geek. I read comic books, love Sci-Fi, and every now and then I impersonate a Star Wars character or two.

I have found a series of questions worthy of debate, if anyone wants to join me...

1. Who wins in a fight between Superman and Thor?

2. Which is larger, the starship Enterprise or an Imperial Star Destroyer?

3. Can a lightsaber cut through adamantium?

1. Superman would kick Thors ass all the way to next tuesday
2. Imperial Star Destroyer by far.
3. A lightsaber can cut through ANYTHING.... even Chuck Norris

Heather, are those the measurements of the newest Enterprise? And what about the measurements for a Star Destroyer? We need more "factual" data. :)

Thor is a God. Superman is a puny Alien. Thor also carries a mystical hammer. What say thee now mortal Blake?

Chuck Norris will never die, so you just shut up!

However, I would like to see Paris Hilton cut in half with a lightsaber. Or tossed into the fires of Mount Doom.

I dont know, I saw paris hilton's super**** powers in that southpark episode and i think she could probably infect the lightsaber and its holder with a super strain of the clap...

Hammer schmammer... lest you not forget how strong superman's hair is, let alone the rest of him.
Thor may be a God from this world, but superman is not of this world and thus above the Gods of this world.
The enterprise has a whole lot of wasted space, the star destroyer is one solid mass, far thicker than either hull of the enterprise

bwester said:
Hammer schmammer... lest you not forget how strong superman's hair is, let alone the rest of him.
Thor may be a God from this world, but superman is not of this world and thus above the Gods of this world.

But Superman's power comes from a chemical reaction in his body to our yellow sun. Thor was born with his power, which to my knowledge can never be stripped from him, unless you count that one time...

Put Superman in a kryptonite lined darkroom, and he becomes a wussy.

I think Thor wins in any fight against Superman.

I also believe that a Star Destroyer is more grand than the Enterprise, but only because I can't stand Star Trek.

I don't really know if a lightsaber could cut through adamantium. And having Wolverine run at you with extended claws is really not the time you want to find out if your lightsaber is strong enough to cut him down.

use_frink_john.jpg

"Glavin!"

Yeah, I concede on that too. However, I stick to my belief on the light saber issue.

Odin would destroy either one of them.

And for the record, this is only the second geekiest thing I have witnessed in the last two weeks. The most geeky was our entire table, at a wedding reception mind you, solving quadratic equations (with helpful graphs and proofs) on cocktail napkins. And trying to outdo each other for obfuscation. I swear I saw a triple integration in there somewhere.

no research needed!! its obvious, whole armies are on star destroyers. they are BIGGER!!!
Rob, good call.

Cinderella said:
I'll raise you one Dean Cain. What happened to him anyway?

He played Scott Petersen, wife killer, in the made-for-t.v. movie. Not that I saw it.

I agree with Thor, The Star Destroyer and in the right handsa a light sabre can cut through anything... In Episode One they bury the sabre up to the hilt in blast doors and don't get burnt... I am a Star Wars guy and would love to see a face-off between the two. (S. Wars & S.Trek)

interesting Tadd. I believe the enterprise would so destroy anything the empire could throw at it. However, if we're talking hand to hand combat, the jedi would come out on top.

Latest posts

Back