G'day from Brisbane!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beil

Reaction score
I've been an avid hobby gardener (mainly tropical/sub-tropicals) for many years and recently taken up floristry - which bizarrely has led me to find a new obsession in orchids... damn OCD 🤪

Welcome to ST from KY. For a real addiction, try Phragmipediums. Get you every time!
Thanks... I'm already hooked on pretty much all of them - think I'll be going into production before long! 😆

Come to TAPS!!! First Tuesday of the month.
I've looked into it and have considered becoming a member, though the website hasn't been updated by the looks of it in a number of years which has put me off somewhat. Also, I am yet to acquire my first Paph. :( Anything I like is soooo pricey!

Not much sorry... though I like cattleyas :)
I would recommend the book "The Classic Cattleyas" by AA & A E Chadwick. The most famous species used for corsages was C.mossiae with 19.5 cm. Flowers! And many color forms lavenders, albas, and simi-albas. My favorite spicies. So hopefully with the help of a florest/ orchid grower we can bring back cattleya corsages.
-Patrick

IMG_20220410_111050.jpgIMG_20220417_092430.jpg
Shown is C.mossiae 'Patrick's Choice' and a coerulea form.

Latest posts

Back