G'day from Brisbane!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would recommend the book "The Classic Cattleyas" by AA & A E Chadwick. The most famous species used for corsages was C.mossiae with 19.5 cm. Flowers! And many color forms lavenders, albas, and simi-albas. My favorite spicies. So hopefully with the help of a florest/ orchid grower we can bring back cattleya corsages.
-Patrick

View attachment 37783View attachment 37784
Shown is C.mossiae 'Patrick's Choice' and a coerulea form.
OK... it's possible they may at some point come back into fashion however the current trend is that large flowers are reserved for very large designs/arrangements and I can't see a wedding party wanting to use something so big. The smaller hybrids could be possible but current trends seem to focus on hybrid roses (IE cappuccino), peonies and lilies atm.

OK... it's possible they may at some point come back into fashion however the current trend is that large flowers are reserved for very large designs/arrangements and I can't see a wedding party wanting to use something so big. The smaller hybrids could be possible but current trends seem to focus on hybrid roses (IE cappuccino), peonies and lilies atm.
It think it is funny I started growing dianthus or carnations the cheapest cut flower and now I grow large flowered cattleya spices and historic hybrids the most expensive cut flowers in their day.
-Patrick

It think it is funny I started growing dianthus or carnations the cheapest cut flower and now I grow large flowered cattleya spices and historic hybrids the most expensive cut flowers in their day.
-Patrick

-Patrick
Carnations are used extensively here... I would like to grow and use the near black orchids like the various Catasetums that seem to be very much sought after at the moment. I'm also draw to other black and dark flowering plants like scabiosas, gladioli and calla lilies which also seem to be very fashionable :)

Latest posts

Back