Quantcast

Gateway Timeout

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

G

Gideon

Anyone else getting this? I have been having problems getting into Slippertalk since yesterday, it keeps giving me the following error...and only for this forum

Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
Code:
 A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

G

gore42

I haven't had that problem, and I think I visit about every 15 mintues :) Guess that doesn't mean much, though. Others might still be having the issue...

- Matt Gore

D

DavidM

Are you still getting theis problem, for about 2 weeks now, I have been getting it, and it is even worse on dial up. Some days I cannot even access the website

G

Gideon

I have endless trouble accessing this site, I get to the main page no problem, but new posts is a nightmare, also sometimes when the page loads it takes forever to load the Quick reply area.

I just had a mail from DavidM saying that since about Wednesday he can't get in either. I have tried from 3 different computers, an internet cafe, from work and 3G, same problem. David is on dialup, I am on DSL, and at work we are connected directly to the South African Internet Exchange (SAIX)

I have no problem with any of the 10 other forums I belong to, most running vBulletin

This is the IE HTTP header it returns:

GET /forum/search.php?do=getnew HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-za
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0)
Host: www.slippertalk.com
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cookie: bblastvisit=1160168439; bblastactivity=0; bbuserid=19; bbpassword=1704a95ca681b9b4b5a4cb8197d55c6f; bbsessionhash=79694acfe007413fa0a485663e9596ff

HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Timeout
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 05:47:43 GMT
Content-Length: 283
Content-Type: text/html
Server: NetCache appliance (NetApp/6.0.3P2D6)
Via: 1.1 rba-cache4 (NetCache NetApp/6.0.3P2D5)

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
I'm sorry Gideon (and David)!

Have you tried a browser other than IE? That was my first thought. I'm sure you've cleared your cache and cookies.

We'll look into this....apologies for the trouble!

P

PHRAG

Hey Gideon and David,

Sorry for the trouble. You know you can always email admin@slippertalk.com if you are having a problem. So far three people say they have had trouble logging into the forum, including both of you. Unfortunately, I don't think we were able to help the other person. We try our best to fix these problems, but in the end, we are not computer techs.

I searched the vbulletin help forums for this issue, and found a similiar issue with another forum. The problem turned out to be the internet provider in between the forum and the end user. I have contacted our service provider, and asked them to look into a problem in the connection. The fact that the two of you are from South Africa, and nobody else has complained about this issue (yet) tells me that there has to be a block somewhere from you to us. I will keep you updated by email as soon as I hear anything.

John

P

PHRAG

Ok, I provided the hosting company with IP addresses. They are searching for a problem from their end. They also suggested that you both do a traceroute from your end to our domain. If you aren't sure how to do this, I can give you instructions as soon as the guy emails me back and tells me how to do it. : )

P

PHRAG

To do a traceroute on a windows machine...

Click on start, then on run.
In the run window type "command" (without the quotes) and press ok.
In the new window that opens type "tracert 00.00.000.000" (without the quotes) with the 0's replaced by an actual IP address, and then hit the enter key. It should then produce a traceroute.

In this case, the slippertalk IP would be 69.16.231.126

G

Gideon

It does seem a bit better, the page loads faster and there are fewer timeouts

P

PHRAG

Hey Gideon and David,

After forwarding your info to our service provider, they couldn't see any reason for the timeouts. They suggested you contact your service provider and ask if they can find any reason for the delays. Maybe someone up the pipeline from you has a firewall installed?

You said you didn't have this problem at any other sites though, right? That is what makes this even more frustrating.

P

PHRAG

Hey Gideon and David,

Are you still having problems? I want to keep up on this if it continues to be a hassle for you to log on. I don't know what I can do but email as many providers in between us and you to see if one of them is using a firewall or whatnot. But I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you. Let me know.

G

Gideon

I am still having problems and have forwarded my complaint to my service provider to see if they can figure it out

G

Gideon

Somethng has happened, I did not have a single timeout the whole day, hope it stays that way

P

PHRAG

Did you ever get a response from your internet provider? I am curious to see if they found a problem somewhere in the pipes.

John

Latest posts