Gardens at Post Hill Spring Plants - New Stuff!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, All,

I put up the Gardens at Post Hill spring list: www.gardensatposthill.com

We have some very interesting new plants added this time (some others seem to agree since the list was put up two days ago and a couple of the new selections are going fast). Our spring deflasked seedling list is also up. We have some nice new seedlings in the refrigerator this year since our collection is maturing and we now have a broader variety of flowers to pollenate.

This year we dont have some of the more popular common seedlings, eg reginae and candidum, since last spring was a real mess with early blooms followed by hard freezes that blasted some of the pods so we had to save many of what we produced for our own growing efforts. Those darn freezes messed up some of our new crosses as well so we will be making lots of redo's this spring.

There is some chance that we will a couple of additional seedling selections in the coming weeks as we finalize our own grow list for this spring, which will allow us to see exactly what we have available for others.

Take a look and see if there is anything you like!

Ron

Hi Ron,
I'm interested in planting some cyps in my garden, but have a few questions before I do.

The spot I'm considering gets morning sun, but is in the shade of the house after about 10 or 11 am for the rest of the day.

I have a few trillum in this area which I would also like to increase. Later in the summer, most of area is taken over by huge hostas.

I'm considering ordering blooming sized plants, but I'm not sure how many, how far they should be spaced, and whether or not the hosta need to be removed.

Can you provide some advice?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back