Garden shots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our front garden under construction. When we moved here this was covered in cedar trees that went over the edge of the roof. We yanked the trees out and left it for almost two years so we could pull the stumps and roots after they rotted a while. The front part is being turned back into lawn and has been re-seeded. The garden still needs landscape cloth and mulch and a couple decorative rocks. I can't wait to see it next year when the plants are mature and established. It was a lot of back breaking, sweaty work (although it may not look like it from the photos) but Steve and I love doing it.

I've got to do a LOT of dividing this fall and I so wish we
could find a way to get some divisions to you. Tons of
pastel daylilies, Shastas,Rudbeckia, Columbine seeds.
Can I send seeds to you? Oh, and a very bright red coneflower that's an exceptional grower.

I love coneflower! They are so unique.

A few more photos. A thunderstorm just rolled through so some of the plants are beaten down a bit. The Crocosmia is in full bloom....love this flower. The flowers are actually a VERY deep rich red.....camera wouldn't pick it up. The plant is even beautiful out of flower. We added a Blackberry Lily to the front garden....it has cool orange spotted, star shaped flowers.

Nice!
Our crocosmia is just wrapping up. The Lobelia take over from here to attract the hummers.

When I moved here, the first thing I did was yank all of the Hostas. I hate them.
They look great at your place:)

Back