Funny Things You Notice As A Plant Nerd...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
I was at some friend's house earlier and noticed something during a commerical that made me bust out laughing. Ever seen the "When is a diet pill worth $200 a bottle? When it works!" commercial? I noticed something on it that no one else in the room would have ever gotten. They always try to give the product a pharmaceutical sounding generic name and a latin name...but check out the latin name on the imfamous Lipozene:

lipozenereview.jpg

Jon

Hahaha that is fantastic!

When I saw the newest James Bond film I was very excited when they made use of Digitalis during a certain scene involving heart failure.

I will pass on that product if it it gives you the Genus symptoms. I like the shape of mine :p
:rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy:
for the unlatinized :poke:
Amorpho = shapeless
phallus = penis

kentuckiense said:
Hahaha that is fantastic!

When I saw the newest James Bond film I was very excited when they made use of Digitalis during a certain scene involving heart failure.

But did you notice the green Maudiae Paph on the table in a restaurant scene?

It's funny but just last night the Lipozene commercial came on and I finally noticed the A.k. content. I laughed out loud and told my consort "that's what's in one of the pots in the basement." I wonder how much you'd have to consume to actually lose weight. Doesn't it work because it's acaloric/indigestible carbs? I once had it in a sauce in some veg restaurant (Obo? Ubo? Obu?) in NYC but didn't feel any thinner afterward.:D

Mark said:
But did you notice the green Maudiae Paph on the table in a restaurant scene?

I did! I also noticed that it kept switching directions. For some shots it would be facing the table but for others it would be facing away.

Also, in V for Vendetta, when V goes into that bad guy's greenhouse the bad guy is using an eyedropper to put something in the pouch of a Paph.

Diet pills can work, but when you stop using them they **** you up and you gain all the weight back (at least that's my ephedra experience. I don't have experience w/ A.k.) lol.

I was talking to someone last week about how, during all the running scenes in the film 'Apocalypto' (and like, 2/3 of the scenes are men running as fast as possible through the jungle) I kept wishing they would sloooow dowwwn so I could look more closely for the orchids. :)

at least it isnt the "may cause gasey or oily discharges" one.

To be honest, I doubt there is even any konjac in the pills. I think they just wanted a latin sounding name to make them sound more legit. The male enhancement pills Enzyte go by Suffragium asotas which means jibberish in latin. With all the true pharmaceutical commercials there are, I think they are just trying to copy them to borrow credibility for their snake oil.

Jon

A. konjac is the main ingredient in the Asian jelly candies that I buy in the local markets...I prefer leechi flavor myself....I also grow A. konjac in my yard. It survives every winter, comes up late, around June. Never blooms though....Take care, Eric

anyone see stranger than fiction?
Phals in at least one scene (big deal) but on her table there's a Paph!
my favorite part of that movie was when he brought her flours...

Latest posts

Back