Funeral for a friend

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ayreon

_dsc9232.jpg

I knew it was jus a matter of time until my very first orchid would die... and I think the time is here now. I think it's blooming for the last time now.

But I'm not that sad. Think of all the good that it has given me.. today I have about 250 orchids. Mostly slippers.

I took my camera yesterday and made lots of photos for a slide show.
So turn up the volume, let it load and press the play button. (might only work if you have a fas connection)

http://www.progart.com/foto/orkide/november/

That is GREAT. THANK YOU. I enjoyed it a lot.......except for your vanda 'Pat's Delight'. It brought back memories of my 'Pat's Delight' deceased. :sob::sob:I don't do well with vandas even thought I love them. I don't have the right conditions for them. I have two that are alive at the present time but for how long?

Your pictures are well done, and I liked the different pictures of each flower. Thanks again.

I am curious as to why you think the plant is dying? I wouldn't think a plant would have the energy to produce blooms if it were dying.
:confused: :confused: Plants are suppose to be smart, if something is not right - blast the bud! abort the mission! - in order to survive!

I am curious as to why you think the plant is dying? I wouldn't think a plant would have the energy to produce blooms if it were dying.
:confused: :confused: Plants are suppose to be smart, if something is not right - blast the bud! abort the mission! - in order to survive!
Rose, at times an orchid that is about to die will make a last ditch effort to reproduce before it succumbs.So, it is smart in that way.

Thanks Ron - I guess that makes sense ...... to a degree .......
and how long would they have to carry the pod before they croak?

thank you for the pictures, they were really beautiful ^^ and sry to hear that an old friend is going to be passing on too.

PS: wat direction does that kitchen window of urs face?

Thank you!

The window is facing east, but I grow most of my plants in a greenhouse in my basement, and just move them up when they are blooming.

The Phal probably got some kind of virus.

I am speechless!! What an incretible show!!! Excellent photos!! Thank you !!! It was superbly unusual!!! "Don't be sad for those who leave, but be happy for those who will come"!!!!!! Everything that lives, dies, in order to give space for the others to come... :) That's the way life is!!!!! Always remember the good things u shared!!! I really want to add Prosthechea vitellina and Encyclia radiata to my collevtion, not to mention some Oncidiums you have, but all of them are really very beautiful!! Great work...!!!!! :)

I am astonished that you have 250 orchids and have never killed one. That would have to be some kind of record. You are obviously a far superior grower to me and I dare say to most of us.

David

That was a wonderful slide show. All your plants look so well-grown and healthy, and your photography skills are just superb. Well done!

The flower you have labelled as Pinocchio may actually be primulinum -- what do you think?

Hello Mattias

I love your plants!!! How do u make grow your plants in a basement?

About your phal; I dont think your phal is gonna die, many plants live with virus in the nature , it's very common . If you want to kill your plant , thats another case.

Latest posts

Back