Fun with Google Translator!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BlazingAugust

Okay, so I saw somewhere that Google translator can do some pretty funny things, so I decided to try it myself. I took the following line:
"Orchids, the plants that I do so very love, are the most complex and highly evolved family in the plant kingdom." And translated it into Gujarati. I then took what I got and translated it back into English, and then repeated that process about ten times, and ended up with:
"Orchids, plants, or plants, Mother, I love the most complex and highly developed family empire." This is WAY different! :rollhappy:

I then took the following line:
"I took my pony and hastily trotted to the government to pick up my mother." :rolleyes:

I then translated that into Afrikaans, then into Gujarati, then Dutch, Korean, Russian, Maltese, Yiddish, then finally back into English, and came out with this:
"Said, pony Yu bar malajr Night - donors."

This is HILARIOUS!!! :rollhappy: :rollhappy:
And to put the cherry on the cake (This one is going to be looooong!), I translated:
"The silly little translators made a big mistake with their machine, and now they look funny! Lots of people laugh at their misfortune, and some even cry." :D ;)

Went from English to Arabic, Czech, Hebrew, Latin, Kannada, German, Ukrainian, Filipino, and then back to English. I got the following:
"Translation stultum see errors, tools for pipsa turpis! Lorem populum suum deridebit incident noise quaedam etiam."
I think the reason it is so screwed up is because I had Latin in there, and since Latin is extinct, it might not have a translation into other languages! LOL!!! This was hilarious, I could probably do this all night!!! :rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy:

Ok, so I think everything got hung up on the Latin switch! I turned the above from Latin to English, and got:
"Translation errors see a fool, pipsa tools for more! We are his people laugh at some of them even cut noise." :rollhappy: :rollhappy: :rollhappy: :D :D :D

:clap:Translate Florin Salam from Romanian to English and you will get Barry Manilow.

Latest posts

Back