Fulvic acid dosage

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papheteer

Reaction score
So I got this fulvic acid that say 70%. If I wanna water with 100 ppm fulvic, how much powder do I put in a gallon of water? Thanks!!

I think you got me wrong. I don't have a scale so I wanted to try and figure out how many tsp is 143 grams. Looked up various powders online for their gram to ml conversion but they vastly differ. I think I really need to buy a small scale.

Ok; I've used cooking weight to volume conversion charts. Just think of a powder that has roughly the same density (either lots or little moisture which likely makes up most of the weight)
Probably corn starch or baking powder have near density to powdered fulvic acid. Cooking websites have weight to volume conversions for many cooking ingredients

Or you could spend more money and get a scale, but for such a small amount it's error factor may make it just as accurate as using a conversion table (or have to spend a lot of money to measure a very little amount)

Or assume that one teaspoon is equal to about 5 grams.
It will be close enough unless you need to be exact with the 100ppm.
Probably all of your measurements will not be exact anyway.
The important thing is to be consistent and use the same amount each time then you can decide later if you want to increase or decrease the amount.

This is where a TDS meter comes in handy!
IF you know the EC/TDS relationship of the product. Being an acid, I’d bet that the apparent TDS is a lot higher than the true TDS.
What is the function of adding fulvic acid I assume to water orchids?
It supposedly enhances nutrient uptake. However, as slow as orchids grow, I doubt it’s really of much benefit.

Many years ago I did an experiment adding it to the feeding regimen of some of my plants, but saw no difference from the ones I did not treat.

Latest posts

Back