Fugly paphs coming out of the closet left & right

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprize, surprize, if the websites for Orchid Shows in Japan are viewed, they have Paphs like this winning prizes and divisions sell for a great deal of money.

Quick Candace,
grasp that one, we can help our dear leader in stimulate our economy by export (at least something) to Japan.

That is a peloric, with 3 pouches. If the trait is consistent it might be worth something to a collector. Think peloric Phals and splash petal Catts. They are somewhat more attractive forms of peloric flowers. I would guess it will fetch a high price.

In Asia actually, nowadays they ask to see 2 pics of the bloom to pay a high price. It is possible to have peloric after treatment with carbamate insecticides, I god quite a few at a time with Temik, maybe 4 peloric in a year. The following bloom were normal.

It looks like what Picasso might have bred if he had been an orchid breeder. Beauty: "is in the eye of the purchaser". Not everyone likes or understands Picasso paintings either.:confused: For the record, I would'nt want it in my collection but I would have a Picasso.:)

I would never go out of my way to buy one...but if a peloric blooms in my collection, I might as well enjoy it! take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back