Fruitcake- what do you do with yours?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I trade my aunt for yours.
Mine does not give us any fruit cake.:drool:

I'll trade. We're convinced ours is going to accidentally poison us one of these days.

Beware of cute little old Jewish ladies with penciled on eyebrows bearing gifts of rock hard fruit cakes congratulating you on growing up to become what you were supposed to marry. I tell you- they can't be trusted when it comes to fruit cakes.

Umm, Me and my siblings completed our educations a long time ago and we've all been married so long most of us have kids in college. Let's just say she's old, very old, and is starting to forget who is who and we suspect she's been forgetting what goes into her fruit cakes just as she has forgotten who we all are these days.

Some of those tinned fruit cakes aren't too shabby.

The deal with drenching the brick is not to kill the flavour but to turn it into something more like macerated fried fruit (which can be decadent) held together by a bit of cake.

I hate marzipan.

I prefer Christmas pudding.

Lake Champlain's Aztec chocolate has spoiled it for me - chocolate without that spicy kick no longer does it.

I couldn't believe how much Entenmann's charges for the store bought one, $9!. Must be the hand manufacturing and special care! :rollhappy: LOL

I love marzipan and bought some german cookies [mit marzipan und kirschgelli auf zum] Dr. something or other. After I paid $5 for 10 tiny cookies I realize they come from a Dr. because you should have your head examined after paying for them! :mad:

BTW Ki, one of the plants made a flower! :)

Quote Eric (I love marzipan)

I make a Dutch pastry with almond paste rolled into a crust made with butter. We call it Banket. It's expensive in the bakery but worth it. Home made is even better. I sometimes make 24 12" rolls at a time....takes all day. My children and grandchildren eat them as fast as I can make them. They are time consuming to make so I set aside a whole day to make them.

My son especially likes them. Last year I gave him 3 rolls, all wrapped tightly in foil. During the night his big Golden Retriver decided he might like it. What he didn't eat was on the floor. That dog is lucky to still be alive.

Sounds delicisious! At least the dog liked them. :) There's an animal post floating around w/ one photo of a cat pulling a chicken leg off a flaming! BBQ grill! Don't sleep on the hungry animals!

Quote Eric (I love marzipan)

I make a Dutch pastry with almond paste rolled into a crust made with butter. We call it Banket. It's expensive in the bakery but worth it. Home made is even better. I sometimes make 24 12" rolls at a time....takes all day. My children and grandchildren eat them as fast as I can make them. They are time consuming to make so I set aside a whole day to make them.

My son especially likes them. Last year I gave him 3 rolls, all wrapped tightly in foil. During the night his big Golden Retriver decided he might like it. What he didn't eat was on the floor. That dog is lucky to still be alive.

I think we need a recipe, Marilyn, that sounds lovely. Except for the dog part....

The dashboard widget was amusing.

Crap, Laura, I owe you a phone call don't I? I'm sorry the weekend got away from me!

Latest posts

Back