Fritz Schomburg crosses....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stella

Reaction score
I intend to buy a Phragmipedium Fritz Schomburg, I found two crosses, Phrag. besseae x kovachii and Phrag. kovachii x besseae.
Could you please tell me the difference between the two of them ????

They are both Fritz, but if the business of mitochondrial DNA having a greater effect of size and color holds, the k x b might be more impressive. Personally, I'd consider both so you can appreciate the differences.

Ray Barkalow
Sent using Tapatalk

Be aware...
some of the plants labelled as kovachii x besseae are actually besseae x kovachii.
kovachii produces a huge quantity of pollen... enough to pollinate several plants of besseae. I would ask directly to the vendor if he is sure of the correct order in the label.

I always thought that the progeny would most likely look more like the pod parent than the pollen parent.

Of course, when dealing with genetics nothing is ever assured, just the probability of things working out a certain way.

I always thought that the progeny would most likely look more like the pod parent than the pollen parent.

Of course, when dealing with genetics nothing is ever assured, just the probability of things working out a certain way.

I ordered the besseae x kovachii cross since I prefer the color of besseae (pod parent) and the shape of kovachii (pollen parent) in that specific Phrag.
I hope I'll get the plant that I like . Otherwise next time I'll order the other cross so I'll have two Fritz ;):)

Addicted!

t3738.gif

Back