Fritillaria

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berthold

Reaction score
Is somebody interested in cultivation of Fritillaria?

Here Fritillaria recurva, a jewel from the Californian mountains

4435194488_54cd711693_o.jpg

4450790458_6baa7827da_o.jpg

That is a gorgeous species! Well grown!

I’ve planted several of the commercially-available species/cultivars, but they just don’t seem to like my hot, humid summers and cold, wet winters. kind of like my attempts at Masdevallia coccinea in phrag conditions...they survive a while, but prove to be a money pit...😔

Last edited:
Very nice. Beautiful colours.

I only have the snakeheads in a bit of the lawn and border and a few of the crown Imperial ones (Prolifera form). I keep looking at some of the others and thinking I have too many pots full of bulbs and other things already!

Berthold, that's a wonderful species. Do you know a vendor in Europe who is selling this? Where can I find a good choice of Frittilarias?

Berthold, that's a wonderful species. Do you know a vendor in Europe who is selling this? Where can I find a good choice of Frittilarias?

There's seeds available here, Fritillaria recurva (Scarlet Fritillary) --- Rareplants.eu Shop

And this plant is currently closed and listing them as out of stock but I imagine they will have them in again at some point if they're raising them from their own stock,
https://www.pitcairnalpines.co.uk/fritillaria-recurva-1115-p.asp

Thanks, Ed. This Rareplants shop seems to have very interesting seeds. I will keep my eyes on it and will try recurva when they have it again.

Back