Friendship X Wellesleyanum from In-Charm

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chien

Reaction score
DSCN6263.jpg

DSCN6264.jpg

Here is a good example of Friendship X Wellesleyanum.
This one is owned by Mr. Hsiao of In-Charm Orchids, awarded SM recently. I took this picture in Hsiao's nursery today.

I like this hybrid, easy growing and good looking. It was made by my friend, Mr. Wu of Elim Orchids. Hsiao and Wu are very good friends, so Hsiao got most plants from Wu when these Friendship X Wellesleyanum were young seedlings, and Hsiao do not want to sell them anymore, that's why I can not get more plants of this hybrid!:mad::mad::(:(:viking:

WOW.... I like that one a lot, great color, great shape, great spots, awesome. Thanks Jim.

That's a beautiful bloom! The spotting has an optical illusion effect. Nice! :wink:

I agree with Bob. But if Mr. Wu still has some plants but doesn't want to sell any, it's probably because he wants to see what they look like as they bloom out -- if they look like this one, he can charge high prices for them!

Some nurseries that I know would want to make good cross again and again to get more good flowers, but some do not want to make good cross again because they want each cross to be unique. But, in Mr. Wu's case, he can not make it again because Hsiao bought his Friendship......:D

Back