Fox Valley Orchids, Ltd. - Greenhouse, Spring 2020.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forest Pansy has dark purple/red leaves and
is generally a more compact tree. The dark
pink blooms really show against the foliage.
If we ever have a tractor trailer coming your
way, I'll send you one. We do sell in IL.

Beautiful. Spring is my favorite season - some of my earliest memories are crocuses popping up through snow and watching buds swell on trees and bushes, hoping that the lilacs would bloom soon.

Beautiful! What size is your GH? What brand or manufacturer?
It was manufactured by The Superior Greenhouse Company and erected on site in 1964, our first year of business. We started Fox Valley here, quickly outgrew the 16 x 24 glass to ground structure and built a larger greenhouse in Northbrook, IL; then moved to Hausermann's in 2000 and finally downsized back to the original greenhouse in Naperville in 2011. Most of our breeding plants are located here.

Man, I remember how hot it was in your GH at Hausermann's!! :eek:
Me too, Eric! No mechanical cooling in my area, just ridge ventilation and some summers it got to 100F on a sunny day. I would carefully hand-mist the plants to cool the leaves taking care not to let any water accumulate in the crowns. It's a lot easier to grow well in the Naperville greenhouse, because we have evaporative cooling and ventilation (and shade cloth!) But we learned a lot about growing nice plants from the Hausermann's during that ten year period of time.

Back