Four AOS Awards from St. Paul Winter Carnival Orchid Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the four flowers awarded by the AOS judging team at this year's show held this past weekend. The first three are from Orchids, Ltd. I didn't get the clonal names on two of them. My apologies for the picture quality. I am learning to use a new digital camera.

This Paph delenatii forma albinum received an AM
PaphdelenatiialbaOL.jpg

This Paph Franz Glanz (ameniacum x emersoni) received an AM
PaphFranzGlanzOL.jpg

Paph venustum 'Lakehead' AM/AOS
PaphvenustumOL.jpg

Paph Estella 'Julie' AM/AOS
PaphEstellaJulie.jpg

I will post a some more pictures when I get a chance:)

Thanks for the photos Ross! Congrats on your Estella :) I'd love to have a delenatii album like that too...

- Matt

That is great that you live near a place that has a show when your flowers are ready.

I am only near one orchid show and it is in the fall. Maybe some of the club members that travel will be able to transport my orchids earlier in the year?

gore42 said:
Thanks for the photos Ross! Congrats on your Estella :) I'd love to have a delenatii album like that too...

- Matt

Thanks, Matt. When I had to give the plant a clonal name, I decided to honor my wife, Julie. When I told this to Rick B. and Nancy P., the two other growers I shared a display with, they both started laughing. While I was working at the plant registration, Julie, Rick, and Nancy were building the display. Julie was having a hard time placing the Estella in the display because of the way the flower spike slanted, and she commented in frustration, "I don't know why in the world Ross ever bothered to bring this plant!" The next day I named it after her.

paphreek said:
she commented in frustration, "I don't know why in the world Ross ever bothered to bring this plant!" The next day I named it after her.
Oh, that is just TOOOOOO funny!!!:rollhappy:

paphreek said:
Julie was having a hard time placing the Estella in the display because of the way the flower spike slanted, and she commented in frustration, "I don't know why in the world Ross ever bothered to bring this plant!" The next day I named it after her.
After it was awarded did you tell her, "Because I know a winner when I pick her"? :)

Latest posts

Back