FOS Show 2009 Photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
I made the trek down to Calgary (Alberta, Canada) this weekend to take in this year's show hosted by the Foothills Orchid Society. It was a great show, and I picked up some great plants. But, I wanted to share some photos that I took. These are mostly Paphs and Phrags, but a couple others are in there as well. Of course there were many more plants than what is pictured here - these were just some of my favorites.

Paph Ma Belle

Paph Ho Chi Minh

Paph delenatii

Paph bellatulum

I am kicking myself for not writing down the name of this one, but it is a Parvi x Brachy cross with armeniacum and concolor in the background:

There was a gorgeous Phrag Cardinale 'Wilcox' on display that belongs to a member of my society. This shot shows much of the plant, with a Paph St. Swithin next to it:

Here is a close-up of two of the blooms:

Phrag April Fool

Comparettia speciosa

I think this was a Cattleya maxima (not much of a Cattleya person):

Den. Fancy Angel (group)

That's all folks!

Great all of them, but I especially liked Comparettia...:)!!! Did you purchase anything???

I love the Ma Belle and armeniacum hybrid!
Some day I'll visit the show. Though the end of this August I did visit paramount orchid's greenhouse

Joe, did you visit the snack bar? That's where I was working for most of the show. :D

Also - :poke: what plants did you buy???

I did visit the snack bar :). I was with my mom - we visit our relatives while we're there every year. I bought the following:

Paph micranthum
Paph malipoense
Paph (helenae x gratrixianum)
Paph Wossner Vietnam Love
Paph wilhelminiae
Paph emersonii
Paph hangianum
Paph Ho Chi Minh
Lycaste skinneri
Den cuthbertsonii
Phrag Cardinale 'Wilcox' AM/AOS
Phrag Cardinale 'Birchwood' AM/AOS (I want to see if these two grow any differently)
Dracula vampira :evil:
Comparettia speciosa
Comparettia macroplectron
Brassavola nodosa
Calanthe vestita

I already have many of these, but I like the variations you can get. Maybe I'll post some photos later.

What Cyp did you buy? Shawn had some interesting new selections from Frosch.

Nice haul. Did you get that Paph (helenae x gratrixianum)
from Paramount? It was registered this year as Little Alexander.

The Cyp I bought is called "Maria", [parviflorum x
macranthos {var} speciosum] according to RHS.

Nice haul. Did you get that Paph (helenae x gratrixianum)
from Paramount? It was registered this year as Little Alexander.

The Cyp I bought is called "Maria", [parviflorum x
macranthos {var} speciosum] according to RHS.

Yes the Little Alexander is from Paramount (thanks for the name!!).

Cool! He had a lot of neat hybrids there. I wanna try Renate Pastel, Ursel, and Victoria. Next year!

Back