forum's technical issues...? Options?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hello,

I did not know what to write in the title, so I came up with this one.. Perhaps not aimed to what I want to say/ask...

I am referring to the fact that the forum logs out the members very fast, unless one is active (does many clicks or posts) in the forum.
It is something that makes me unable to enjoy the forum as I would like to.

Is there any option to change this? Can I do it through my profile? Should the server the forum is based on make the change? Is it for security matters?

Does anyone else has this issue or is it just me? Whatever the case, I am sorry to bring this out in general, perhaps it has been commented here before...(??), but it discourages me to generally log into the forum, as I must do only this. I cannot do anything else while I am at the forum.

Another point (a bit of annoying...) is the 30sec interval between posts of the same member. This is an add-on issue to the loggin out in the short defined time. Is this server responsible for this too?

Please let me know if there is any option for these matters. Thank you in advance! :)

(it even logged me out while writing this post...:()

I've been logged out as well on occasions while writing a post. I also dislike to lose what I have written when I go back to check the spelling of a member's name or something else. I have to remember taking a copy of the text before I do, otherwise, I'll have to start all over again. :(
One other thing, if I want to make a correction, I often have to log out and log in again, or go to the specific thread to make the correction. Again, it happens if I go to another post.

Oh, thank you for the replies / experiences all!!

Well, judging on fibre and David's replies, there must be something to do manually, or it is the internet browser options that need to be changed??

I've never been logged out, except for sometimes when I do some computer internal housekeeping. One thing to check is for everyone who gets logged out, which system do you use and what internet browser? It may be completely browers-related. Since I have an older computer, I'm actually not able to upgrade to newer versions of safari so I don't have the problem where updated browsers don't play nice with the forum

I get logged out often, not matter which browser or computer I'm using. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

If I'm writing a long post, before I try to post it, I copy it so when I get logged out, I can paste it without having to write it all over again. If I don't forget...

I have the same problem,when I write a text I go fast login out , in general also my login last a very short time .
is for me very boring because I haven't much skill when i write in english too,so I take a long time and I go login out often.
x gonewild .my browser is safari ,and my configuration about cookies is this . accept only cookies from website that normally I visit -could be this a problem ?
thanks in advance.
anna

I have the same problem but only on this forum

I look somtimes on another forum and there you are looged in for a longer time even when you go to another side.

Soemtimes I type and have to look or to make soemthing else between or take a phone call. Then you have loosed all.
And when it Happens 2 times you dont see the new post anymore

On my home computer I never get logged off. It runs 24/7 until I close it.
When I travel and use my laptop I get logged off all the time. Hmmmmm....

If you are getting logged off there are 2 things to try...

1. Delete your browser cookies for slippertalk so new ones are sent. If the old cookies are bad you could get logged off.

2. It might make a difference whether you use www. in the address link.
if you normally use http://slippertalk.com try using http://www.slippertalk.com and see if you still get logged off.
If you already use the www. the try it without.

Because it only affects some members it must be the individual connection to the server and that is done with a cookie.

It could also have something to do with new internet laws that limit the amount of time you can be logged in without activity. They supreme rullers are making new rules that are less than convenient.

I get logged out very quickly, especially when I'm on my nook. That's why my posts are usually short.

Latest posts

Back