Quantcast

Forum Help

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

ronan

Reaction score
i may did something wrong and here's my problem:
in the top right i get the numbers of "Unread Posts", and the numbers is different every connection (seems to work fine) but the link doesn't work for me. It always shows me the same threads and this is what i can read: "Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 0.03 seconds; generated 2999 minute(s) ago."
i think the problem is these xxxx minutes ago but nothing change even after i erased the cookies, i tried with firefox or IE, i unlog, i restart my computer...
It works 2/3 times in the last couple weeks but i don't know why...
thx for your help

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
We've done a fair amount of troubleshooting already. Not sure why the issue is continuing. It seems to be something that affects one or two members every now and then and has been an issue on their end in those cases. Not widespread enough to be a forum issue.

Anyone else experiencing this lately?

cnycharles

Peloric keiki
Reaction score
I may have using safari from my phone, though I bounce between phone and tapatalk. What I usually see from phone Safari is when I go to 'unread' page and follow a link, then hit the back button it hasn't refreshed but just shows that certain links had been viewed. I hadn't mentioned it since I think phone software probably cuts corners some and since I use tapatalk most it's not an issue

Elmer Nj

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
I have at the basic problem all month.
I use Firefox.
I tried on IE and the problem is not there.
I solved the problem by restoring my computer to a date when Iknow it was not having the problem.
It then worked fine.
Then Windows and Firefox both did auto updates and the problem returned.
I repeated this a couple times and now have updates not allowed and no problem.

So...... I think the problem is a combo of windows+firefox+ B2 software.

It may be also dependent on other software/hardware installed on the computer because on a second dell inspiron the issue did not show up until a couple weeks later.

For me I think it is an issue between the current version of Firefox and the B2 software. but Firefox does not allow to revert to an older version without a complete uninstall.

So have the tech support look at a conflict with the new update of Firefox.

Mine is working normal on versions prior to Feb.

fibre

Reaction score
I use Safari and I often miss some unread posts if I use the 'Unread Posts' function. So in addition I always read through my favorite section too.

tomkalina

Vendor
Reaction score
Tried the "Unread Posts" function on both current versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer and it doesn't work on either one. The only device I own that it works on is my iPhone.

ronan

Reaction score
nothing works for me...i may just wait a few weeks, monthes or years...

ronan

Reaction score
nothing change for me, even when i erased all cookies, log out, restart computer...

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Ok, I'm messing around in the settings a bit.

Let me know if anything changes. If no change, I have another option to try.

In the meantime - this may screw everything up for everyone else who wasn't experiencing issues, so we may need to switch back no matter what.

If that's the case, I'm sure I'll hear about it! ;)

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
Ok, I'm messing around in the settings a bit.

Let me know if anything changes. If no change, I have another option to try.

In the meantime - this may screw everything up for everyone else who wasn't experiencing issues, so we may need to switch back no matter what.

If that's the case, I'm sure I'll hear about it! ;)
Our internet was completely out all over the area here, did you cause that? :poke:

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
Did some more updates - had some things checked our by our server folks. Things good on the forum end. Still not convinced this isn't on the individual users end at this point.
Mine has worked normally since I restored the system to get rid of current Firefox and Windows updates. So I think you are right Heather it is a problem on the end users system. BUT that makes it a problem with the Vbulletin software not being compatible with all operating systems. When Windows or the browsers make software code changes the vbulletin has to change to work with the new structure... but that is not something you have power over.

Latest posts