Formosa Lady 'Meagan'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Greenpaph

Currently in bloom.

sanderianum x Susan Booth

PaphFormosaLadyMeagan.jpg

That is so-oooo nice and dark! Do you know which variety of glanduliferum was used in making the Susan Booth? If it was wilhelminiae, which I suspect, then the cross would be sanderianum x Wiliam Ambler, because William Ambler is now recognized as a separate species from glanduliferum. So many William Amblers were labelled as Susan Booth, until wilhelminiae was finally recognized as a separate species. In fact, the darker, smaller flowered Susan Booths (a.k.a. William Ambler), were very, very popular and widspread and a lot, I'm sure, were used in breeding, incorrectly labelled as Susan Booth. That plant of yours is so incredibly well coloured, that I am really wondering if there isn't some wilhelminiae in there.

John M said:
That is so-oooo nice and dark! Do you know which variety of glanduliferum was used in making the Susan Booth? If it was wilhelminiae, which I suspect, then the cross would be sanderianum x Wiliam Ambler, because William Ambler is now recognized as a separate species from glanduliferum. So many William Amblers were labelled as Susan Booth, until wilhelminiae was finally recognized as a separate species. In fact, the darker, smaller flowered Susan Booths (a.k.a. William Ambler), were very, very popular and widspread and a lot, I'm sure, were used in breeding, incorrectly labelled as Susan Booth. That plant of yours is so incredibly well coloured, that I am really wondering if there isn't some wilhelminiae in there.
John,

The tag only says sanderianum x Susan Booth. Sorry. The pouch looks more like glanduliferum. The dorsal looks like wilhelminae. But then again the sanderianum dorsal would look like that also.

thanks

Latest posts

Back