• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For What It's Worth: Another EBay Seller Lifting Photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is to funny and a shame. I've had that same auction plant in my "items to watch" for the last couple days. Nice picture by the way. Really like the look of the cross.

--Allen--

I see, Ross he/she has a plant pic now...but I did see the flower shot and thought I had seen it somewhere else!

Ok, now that you've admitted blooming it, please tell me HOW!!! I got a mature division almost 20 years ago, and it has never bloomed I've tried very high light, low light, warmth, cold, everything I could think of and still zip!

Ok, now that you've admitted blooming it, please tell me HOW!!! I got a mature division almost 20 years ago, and it has never bloomed I've tried very high light, low light, warmth, cold, everything I could think of and still zip!

Here's what I would try: Around February, as the sun stars to increase, keep the plant in a partial sun situation, reduce watering, and keep cool. I had mine in a southeast window, in a room we didn't use so the temperature was kept cooler there, and it was hard to get to to water regularly. It bloomed.

Mine has bloomed for the last two out of four years I've had it. 10+ growths when I got it. Similar as Ross. Strong light all winter and 50ish at night 100-150 ppm of N while growing.

Mine has bloomed for the last two out of four years I've had it. 10+ growths when I got it. Similar as Ross. Strong light all winter and 50ish at night 100-150 ppm of N while growing.

Lucky devil! Any photos?

Wendy got one of these years ago. It's the non-blooming kind! She tried everything. Then, I bought a multi-growth division from her (as if I needed more challenges in life!) and I've grown it in my greenhouse....given it low light, full light, dry, wet and now this summer, it's been outside, in full sun, standing in a puddle! Super healthy; but, no spiking! Grrrrr!

Thanks Rick. The first blooming was MUCH better than the second one. So, not only do we want to figure out how to spike it, we need to figure out how to get the "good" flowers!

Latest posts

Back