For Grandma M (Paph Hsinying Alien revisited)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
I took your advice and tried the macro lens on the Av setting and turned the F-stop to the highest setting with the camera on a tripod. Here are the comparison pictures. I can definitely see the difference. The first one is an old photo with the Canon 18-55mm lens while I stood up close....

Paphsupersukxrasinpie1.jpg

These are taken with a Tamron 70-300mm macro lens with the camera on a tripod...

PaphHsinyingAlien1.jpg

PaphHsinyingAlien3.jpg

You can see that more of the picture is in focus, but the petals are still a little out of focus. I want to try again when it is brighter out, I took these around 6pm. The camera is a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi.

-Josh

Thanks. It's beautiful. I love the dark petals with the lighter edges on them. Great shot this time.

oops, how stupid....now that I think of it, Dot, this post was for you. Your the one that told me about the macro lens thing right...sorry Grandma M, for some reason, I thought it was you that had told me

Dot is the photographer here. I just muddle along with less than perfect pictures.

Latest posts

Back