for Brachy-lovers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stunning colour!

Is the black color a dark brown or dark reddish black? Can you take pic in sun? Many in various angles including flower side and back, as well as bottom of leaves to show ink markings?

I have several of these black flowered leucochilums and notice that the dorsal and petal margins tend to undulate. I wonder if I culture can improve it.

Here’s two of mine, first one was awarded a couple years ago:

077CF830-7FCA-41EB-A94F-856A20D10902.jpeg7613F714-BCF4-4AC8-9E6C-C5665F129DE8.jpeg

As you can see, the second one has more reddish tinge to the black colour.

There are actually red ones coming. Have you seen those, Werner?

the picture is from HOUSE OF PAPHIOPEDILUM-HOP on Facebook, could not copy the link.

there are some extreme colored forms, worth a look

Eh, I've never been a fan of the overlay/spots-so-big-and-heavy-that-they-cripple-the-flower type of breeding.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and wallet lol.

In deed it is Leslie. On the first sight my eyes can't find the real beauty of this flower though I'm a convinced Brachy lover. Maybe I need more time to see the beauty. On the other hand I have to bow and acknowledge the capability of the breeder.

On the first sight my eyes can't find the real beauty of this flower though I'm a convinced Brachy lover. Maybe I need more time to see the beauty.

I admit, that for me, it was an acquired taste... for a start, I didn't see any beauty in these heavily coloured and heavily linebred plants and flowers, either... and I preferred, the more naturally looking ones... alas, as time has gone by, I now like them all...unfortunately, yet another step down the slipper(y) slope!

I admit, that for me, it was an acquired taste... for a start, I didn't see any beauty in these heavily coloured and heavily linebred plants and flowers, either... and I preferred, the more naturally looking ones... alas, as time has gone by, I now like them all...unfortunately, yet another step down the slipper(y) slope!
There’s always that waxy floor you gotta be careful stepping on, because once you fall, the only thing that can hold you up is buying more orchids!

There’s always that waxy floor you gotta be careful stepping on, because once you fall, the only thing that can hold you up is buying more orchids!
I can only say, that it was like pouring oil on the wax, when someone coenabled my interest in smaller types Cattleyas! We shall refrain from mentioning any names, shouldn't we, Leslie?!

Latest posts

Back