Flask sources

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Multi Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems that the hobby has lost a lot of growers in the decade since I last bought a flask. Who are the go-to sources now? I see that Sam is still cranking them out and Woodstream has a decent little list, anyone else? I'm after species and maybe some select primary hybrids, open to both US and foreign sources.

Hillsview, although you might have to be on the mailing list or just ask for the latest flask list. I saw some great stuff recently.

Windy Hill Gardend, but the list gets updated around June.

Taiwanese- Hung Sheng, Ching Hua.

Japan- Tokyo Orchid Nersery

Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology, Mrs Wenqing Perner , in Chengdu China participate to exhibitions in Europe and the US.

I can email the plant/flask list for Dresden Europe if interest!

Jean

pointed back here from a different thread but adding some sources...

Michael Kauffman @ main street orchids - msorchids.net - email him to get an accurate view of what he has in the pipeline...
David Sorokowsky @ Paph Paradise paphparadise.com
Springwater orchids sells seedlings from a local breeder (almost hobby scale) but they have some good breeding lines - see their store on ebay www.ebay.com/str/springwaterorchids
Bill Goldner @ woodstream mostly phrags but he also has some paphs hobby sized flasks (~10 plants) and nicely affordable 35-75$ a flask - www.woodstreamorchids.com
tom Kalina @ www.foxvalleyorchids.com

Hi,

Someone mentioned Formosa Orchids in Tiawan and I had good experience with them. Curious thing though, I recently got in touch with Matt from Ten Shin Gardens (Also Tiawan) and he sent me a extensive flask list. What confuses me is that Formosa and Ten Shin's flask lists were identical. Anyone know why? Maybe same company different names or same supplier?

Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology, Mrs Wenqing Perner , in Chengdu China participate to exhibitions in Europe and the US.

I can email the plant/flask list for Dresden Europe if interest!

Jean

I can't seem to get on Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology's website. Do you know how to subscribe to their mailing list? Or can you send me their flask list? Thanks!

Hi,

Someone mentioned Formosa Orchids in Tiawan and I had good experience with them. Curious thing though, I recently got in touch with Matt from Ten Shin Gardens (Also Tiawan) and he sent me a extensive flask list. What confuses me is that Formosa and Ten Shin's flask lists were identical. Anyone know why? Maybe same company different names or same supplier?
you notice that Formosa carries plants from other Taiwanese breeders :
I believe the code HS is for Hung sheng, CH for Ching Hua etc...and they ship to you.
Whereas Ten shin would get you the same but he carries them by hand to the orchid shows that he participates, thus for flasks if you pick up at the local shows near you, the plantlets inside will not be damaged. If you are not picking up at the local shows in your country, Tenshin will have to ship within your country, a lot less problem than ship from Taiwan to your country with all the tumble during the travel. However if your postal service is not nice, there will be some damage still from locally shipping.

Last edited:
I can't seem to get on Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology's website. Do you know how to subscribe to their mailing list? Or can you send me their flask list? Thanks!
Please give / messenge me your email-adress and I forward you Mrs. Perner's mail for Dresden!

Jean

Latest posts

Back