fishing

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nyorchids

as some of yo uknow i am an avid fisherman. i fish 3-5 times a week! i have to get it all in before the baby comes! here are some shots of some recent catches
this i caught yesterday its a 32" northern pike! not too bad and my personal best and for those fisherman out there he was caught on a #4 mepps aglia with a 5' ultralight pole and 6lb test no leader
Picture002.jpg

i caught this largemouth bass today on a senko 5" green wacky rigged it weighed 2lbs 14oz
stan2lb14oz2.jpg

this also caught today a 2lb 4 ox largemouth
stan2lb1oz22.jpg

Looking good!

I've only been fishing once this year, and only my brother caught a catfish. It was about a five pounder, so not huge, but still as fun as ever.

Jon
________

Last edited:
very nice pike! my few attempts to catch pike at the local NJ pike lake were unsuccessful. and why does that second bass have chopsticks hanging off it?

Jmoney said:
very nice pike! my few attempts to catch pike at the local NJ pike lake were unsuccessful. and why does that second bass have chopsticks hanging off it?
lol just weeds:)

Nice fish! I had been doing well last week, catching striped bass and weakfish every evening...nothing big..up to 3 lbs...also a 2lb bluefish...then the tide shifted...seems that this year nothing is biting on the incoming tide (fishing at my summer place out in Cutchogue, LI...at the mouth of a tidal creek in Peconic bay) Take care, Eric

I'm waiting for blackfish season to open up in the late fall...summer doldrums. keeper fluke in NY this year are so hard to come by it's barely worth going out for them. maybe it's time for me to head out on a bluefish boat for a day of diamond jigging and weight lifting.

Hey Jason- just caught a keeper fluke...while not even trying. Had no luck with blues or weaks tonight (got a 3.5 lb weak the other night) but I was greatly surprised by a 3 lb fluke that grabbed my storm shad just after dark...thought it was a load of weeds...was definitely surprised! Take care, Eric

sweet! I went half-day fluking last week while post-call...caught 10 fish without a SINGLE keeper!

slightly better fluke trip today...I only caught two fluke (along with a mess of sea robins) but both were keepers, one barely making it at 18" and the other went 4.5 pounds. was 85 and nice on the water with a little breeze, then back on land and the 97 degree/heat index 105 hit ya in the face :(

fluke.JPG

very interesting developmentally...all these flatfishes start off "normal" and then develop that unusual appearance early in life.

I have to say that when it comes to fine-tasting fish from the northeast, fluke are top 3 on my list, along with sea bass and ling.

Great! Sunday night I got 8 stripers, all small...and a weakfish...possibly a keeper but I didn't bother to measure it...just released it. I'm back in the city for the heatwave (hey, I have AC here!...) but dying to get back out to Cutchogue....it has been a weird fishing year...very few bluefish, and they are the main thing I usually catch.....normally I catch anything from 1-20 blues in an evening, I've only caught 2 this year......Take care, Eric

Wow! That's an awesome looking fish, Marco :clap:

I love fluke. Very tasty. Makes good sushi too.

that's "mofo" not Marco :p

always slice up some for sashimi, I learned of this "korean hot sauce" from some guys on the party boats. based on a korean fermented bean paste, with scallions, garlic, sesame seeds & oil, soy mixed in, it is now my accompaniment of choice for the white-meated fishes.

Jmoney said:
always slice up some for sashimi, I learned of this "korean hot sauce" from some guys on the party boats. based on a korean fermented bean paste, with scallions, garlic, sesame seeds & oil, soy mixed in, it is now my accompaniment of choice for the white-meated fishes.

That sounds SO good....

on many of the fluke boats in fact there are some who might bring a stash of this sauce with them, and fillet up a couple short fish to eat on the spot. I can't really blame them either, with these regulations out of control as they are with the idiot bureaucrats who are out of touch with any semblance of reality, but that's a topic for another bulletin board.