Fish

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't just see myself as an orchid collector, but as a collector of beautiful things. Nature makes some incredible stuff, so I think the two hobbies go hand in hand.

Looks like you need a saltwater tank :poke: :)

Jon

I've got a 12 gallon AquaPod with the 70w metal halide SunPod and a 40w dual actinic compact fluorescent. I don't keep it updated here as much as I should, but here's some links to pics, or do a search for "coral" and threads that start with my screen name (there's 5 or so threads on it):

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334&highlight=coral

The most in-depth details of my tank can be found here:
http://www.club-zoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2135

I also have a few pics of my killifish tank with some Blue Gularis, you can see them here(and there's a link to the original thread on them):
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2571&highlight=coral

Jon

I like orchids because they don't have to be fed and cleaned...I also have a 55 gal reef tank, a 30 gal lower light reef tank, a 10 gal local SW invertebrate tank, a FW goldfish tank, a fat, too fast growing red-ear slider, 2 "Russian" tortoises, numerous snakes (corns, both normal and albino,grey-banded kingsnake, black sonoran milksnake), a Xenopus frog, 2 female leopard geckoes, ......oh...and 2 cats. And I didn't even start to include my kids............Take care, Eric

I just love rams. We have three tanks, all rift lake cichlids ... London water is hard which makes soft water cichlids a pain to keep ... but that is OK I really enjoy the hustle - bustle of my Tropheus colony.
Cheers,
Tim

practicallyostensible said:
Why is it that orchid people are fish people too?

The 5 gallon planted tank.
1 pair of Blue Rams, Amano Shrimp, Bamboo Shrimp, Ghost Shrimp, and freshwater clams.

Amano Shrimp(Caridina japonica)

Sounds like dinner is served!:evil:

orchids are easier than fish for me....200 freshwater tanks in my basement/greenhouse. If it holds water then there is probably a fish in it

That's funny, because if you stick your finger in the tank, you'de sware it was the other way around. Audacious little things try and eat my fingers.
People, especially those who play around where wild animals play, need to remember; "Everything is food!".

That's funny, because if you stick your finger in the tank, you'de sware it was the other way around. Audacious little things try and eat my fingers.

One of my favorite fish of years past was a little Fuzzy Dwarf Lion (saltwater). it would swim up and take krill out of my fingers. I would let go just before it got there though. Too chicken.

When i worked at the aquarium shop, i got stung by a dwarf lion on the side of my little finger, while scrubbing algae from the cubes. Worst sting ive ever felt. Made my arm up to my bicep feel tense and tingly. Scared the hell out of me.

Latest posts

Back