First time to spike a multi ....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I'm going overseas in 7 weeks for 2 months./QUOTE]
I promise if you send it to me Ill look after it and send you daily photos...............:rollhappy::rollhappy:

Let me sleep on that one Stephen. :)

The frustrating thing is that it will not just be my two roths that will be flowering while I am away. I also have a first flowering Bel Royal, a division of an AM awarded Susan Booth and a super dark praestans (that I'm really excited about). They are all tracking for early to mid October. None have flowered before and will not flower again for at least another 3 years.

Frustrating, but also exciting times! We have the WOC here in less than a month, and at the moment it does not look like any of my multis will be open in time. I am considering 'sparking' the sauna and putting them in there under lights!

Frustrating, but also exciting times! We have the WOC here in less than a month, and at the moment it does not look like any of my multis will be open in time. I am considering 'sparking' the sauna and putting them in there under lights!

A bit early to flower multi's in the southern hemisphere. I remember a guy here wanted to get his Bel Royale open in time for the Australian Orchid Conference so he had his plant under lights for 24 hours a day. It won Grand Champion and got a HCC award. Good luck getting yours to open in time.

Just an update ... Not long now !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 59
Looking good Ryan. Three flowers is a good start. Can't wait to see it in bloom.

Mine will only have two flowers but my plant doesn't look as strong. It is a couple of weeks behind yours but I'm leaving this weekend for 2 months so I won't see it in flower.

Just starting to open !!

It's only just started to open . Looks a little small so far .. 20cm only . But great colour .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 44
Different view.

Here it is from slightly different view . Does anyone know how long they take to fully open ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 61
I have a few of this cross. On the whole, the colour is dark, with good petal stance. The pouches tend to be near solid red, but NS tends to be on the smaller side. Yours seems to be in keeping with what I have seen. On the whole I think they are good, and would certainly buy more of the same cross if they were offered to me.

Progess

Here we are a few days latter . I find thins so exciting because it's my first roth to flower .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back