First-Time Pod advice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earen

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time posting here. I just started trying some breeding, and have gotten a pod on my paph that looks pretty mature. I am thinking that I would like to sow the seeds myself, as opposed to sending them away, but am still considering the options. I have looked extensively at how to sow mother flasks, but there are so many different techniques I'm not sure exactly how best to go about it.

So, do you have any suggestions for a first-time sower, such as best practices for a sterile environment, media, and containers?

Thanks so much!

Currently green pod. I would probably want to keep it that way, since that appears easier.

It can take 12 months for a pod to fully develop under the right conditions it has to be pulled off at a certain time if it over ripens the seed will be sterile so not enduring any stress that would damage the seed production you need asymbiotic protozoa for germination in the plants perfect growing environment that can take 6 months to a year then you have seedlings

Latest posts

Back