First Roth flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I have found is to feed roths out of flask very lightly (or not at all). NBS and BS plants can take a ton of feeding, but not out of flask.
Thanks for the tip! I haven’t fed these yet, when do you usually start phasing in some fertilizer? 6 months? I would probably begin with some really dilute k lite.

the mature plants can really take a lot, I thought I was already fertilizing them heavily, but I’ve been ramping up the past few months and they’re loving it! Hopefully, I can get some higher flower counts next blooming!

you are doing VERY well with those. Mine are a bit sad....
Thank you! The photo is of one of the compots, I put the second in a higher light spot and those seedlings did NOT like that. I moved them back to lower light and they are recovering now.

I hope yours pick up, why do you think they are sad?

Thanks for the tip! I haven’t fed these yet, when do you usually start phasing in some fertilizer? 6 months? I would probably begin with some really dilute k lite.

the mature plants can really take a lot, I thought I was already fertilizing them heavily, but I’ve been ramping up the past few months and they’re loving it! Hopefully, I can get some higher flower counts next blooming!

I would wait a year, and then only use very dilute fert. I have fried and killed entire compots by feeding to early.

Latest posts

Back