First Paph

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xilia

Reaction score
When first I saw a delenatii in bloom I was instantly a goner. I realized I haven't shown mine off here yet, and that won't do!

I took this one home in spike, and the anticipation waiting for the bud to swell was exciting. I'm quite pleased with how the flower turned out.

34104814223_7c3f1091b9_c.jpg

34875234946_0fe3777fe7_c.jpg

34528507230_c5245fd145_c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks all! I did detect a mild grassy scent with a hint of something floral. I hear the vinicolor/dunkel has a stronger fragrance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not sure about that, but I believe it is more up to the individual plant as I have not found any delenatii that is fragrant.

Not sure about that, but I believe it is more up to the individual plant as I have not found any delenatii that is fragrant.
Oh, I see. I have heard delenatii described as definitely fragrant, but mine has a very mild scent as mentioned. I thought it was an anomaly since I expected a stronger scent, but if you've come across several non-fragrant ones it may be more common than I assumed.

Latest posts

Back