First paph drawing from Adelaide...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
After 2 months of being stuck in this dry seemingly orchid-less place, I finally did a paph drawing.. :p This is based on a watercolour painting by Pandora Sellars in Cribb's book 'The Genus Paphiopedilum Vol. 2'. I was really happy to find that the state library has several books on paphs, including Averanov's 'Slipper orchids of Vietnam'.. :D :D

Paphiopedilum lawrenceanum (sorry for the poor picture quality, but I couldn't scan it so had to take a picture with my mobile..)

14042008002.jpg

Paphioboy are u in Adelaide, South Australia?

if you are, gosh, one of the better Paph growers in Australia is there, ie Nicky's Slippers. And if you are into Cymbids, then you've got a couple of the larger hybridising and growing nurseries there... just need to look around mate... get on the net and look up some of those orchid societies as well...

Bench72, yes, I am in Adelaide, SA for my studies... oh, really? I never knew there were large slipper growers in SA... I've googled 'orchid' and 'paphs' in SA but found few results... hehe.. I know there is a big cym grower, but the nursery is a bit far and I m not into cyms anyway.. Thanks... =)

Hey, how's it going!?

Good, Eric.. thanks for asking... I have found some orchids at the Adelaide Botanic Gardens.. Not all were in flower though... They are Schomburgkia superbiens, Cattleya bowringiana, Dend gracilicaule, Dend (Thelychiton) speciosum n some oncidiinae (Brassia verrucosa n Oncidium barbatum)... No paphs.. :(

Good, Eric.. thanks for asking... I have found some orchids at the Adelaide Botanic Gardens.. Not all were in flower though... They are Schomburgkia superbiens, Cattleya bowringiana, Dend gracilicaule, Dend (Thelychiton) speciosum n some oncidiinae (Brassia verrucosa n Oncidium barbatum)... No paphs.. :(
Well, some orchids beats no orchids any day. How are the ladies treating you!? ;) I wish I was there. Oh well, enjoy your time in school. E.

Hi Paphioboy, here's a couple of info on Sth Oz orchids

Nicky's Slippers ph/fax # for you - 08 8380 9360

Also, not sure if you're into Native terrestrial Orchids, but Nesbitts Orchids ph 08 8261 1550 or [email protected]

Orchid Club of Sth Australia - Festival of Flowers on 19-20 April @ Enfield community Centre, 540 Regency Rd, Enfield 10am-4pm

cheers
tim

Latest posts

Back