First deflasking - Paph. PEoY

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking really good.. I hope you have patience to wait for them to bloom in 10 years.. :D :p PEOY is a slowwwww growing thing. I have a medium-sized seedling, it does put out larger leaves than the previous one, but the rate of growth does test one's patience.

Those are awesome looking.

What are you using as seedling nutrients?

Hi there, I am currently using the same feeding as my other plants - 1/4 teaspoon of MSU fertilizer and a few drops lemon juice per gallon of water every watering. They seem to like it!

Thanks guys! They are fun to watch develop - we'll see if I'm saying that in 5 years :rollhappy:

David

Update 7.4.16

PEoY seedlings are looking great! I will have to separate them soon into compots with a little more room. Looks like I have them coming out of my ears...

IMG_9051_zpsduvr8i26.jpg

IMG_9052_zpsir5owexp.jpg

David

Another 3 years yur gonna have a pey bloom canopy of a grow area, congrats!! Can I ask yur culture?

Another 3 years yur gonna have a pey bloom canopy of a grow area, congrats!! Can I ask yur culture?

I sure hope not - and I believe a large compot of these is coming to you at some point, yeah???? :poke: :clap:

Culture is pretty basic - windowsill facing South, RO water with 1/4 tsp. MSU fert/gallon with every watering and a healthy dose of ignoring :rollhappy:

....They seem to like it. I like that I have enough plants that I don't always think about how long it'll be before I get blooms!

David

Back